PINE64
Pine64 Head Unit - Printable Version

+- PINE64 (https://forum.pine64.org)
+-- Forum: PINE A64(+) (https://forum.pine64.org/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: Pine A64 Projects, Ideas and Tutorials (https://forum.pine64.org/forumdisplay.php?fid=19)
+--- Thread: Pine64 Head Unit (/showthread.php?tid=303)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11

RE: Pine64 Head Unit - pine.tree - 03-10-2016

Voice control and Hands-free phone calling would be nice. (Requires wifi/BT module, not a big deal)

RE: Pine64 Head Unit - Zoidiano0 - 03-10-2016

Voice control just using the

Google now (with wifi connection or using a data modem)

Call's
well that's pretty harder cuz there's no connection android to android available to do that
Or for streaming audio from android to android

I'm my car i have already a head unit with Bluetooth and phone function
My idea is to add the pine64 as a main screen
Stream audio via Bluetooth from the pine64 to my head unit

The good thing is that my head unit allows me to connect 2 devices at the same time so my phone and the pine64 will be connected

And just use it as receiver and at this manner I can use my amp system Smile

But main audio source will be the pine64
If there is a way to use it as a phone receiver via Bluetooth an charging plus let me know so I can work with that

Sent from my HUAWEI Y530 using Tapatalk

RE: Pine64 Head Unit - inzinjer - 03-18-2016

Hi guys,

So I've designed the following:
1. Power up circuit using Car's battery, ground and ignition signals. Pine64 will be powered on as long as the key is in the ignition and the engine is on.
2. 4 channel (FL, FR, RL and RR) analog audio amplifier (each channel delivers 50W).
3. Sound processor with 3 band equalizer (mid, bass, treble).

Currently I am working on a layout (not a layout guy - if someone has experience with KiCad, please let me know I could use some help). I will put all of these on one board (POT) that will plug in on top of Pine64.
I plan to have this completed in the next couple of weeks. I will keep you posted on the progress.

(03-04-2016, 02:46 AM)npull Wrote: a USB charger is a 12V to 5V converter, isn't it?

Using it's own battery was an alternative I was thinking of. Then you can monitor charging state instead, wake up when charging starts, go to sleep mode when charging stops. But how long would, lets say nexus 7's 4,325 mAh battery last in sleep mode for the pine64? What happens if you leave the car for a week and it dies, how can you then turn on the pine64 with the ignition?

From the car, you have Battery, Ground, and Ignition (Accessory) wires (signals). 
Pine64 has DC_in on one of the connectors, which is I believe 5V. You would have to connect the two.
How:
Car's alternator will produce around 13.6V, so you will need a step down converter, to get to 5V. Ideal amperage for Pine64 (according to Pine64 folks) is 2A.
So, look for the converter with the above specs.
Also, you don't want Pine64 to drain your battery when the alternator is off (car is off). This is where Ignition signal comes in. You would need to connect Ignition signal to a power transistor (MOSFET) that would control another power transistor on the Battery line.

I hope that makes sense.

RE: Pine64 Head Unit - npull - 03-18-2016

Makes sense.
However I think I'm not in the line of using a small battery to power the pine64 in sleep mode, for faster startup... lets say I go to fill up the car, or stop for some snack while on a trip, I then don't want to have to wait for boot up, gps software to start up, put in the destination again, and so on... So all I need is the ignition power, and when that goes off it continue on battery and go to sleep mode.

For Zoidiano0:
I also got an old nexus 7 lying around, so thinking of using it's battery. Do you know how the wiring for that battery works? There is 6 cables, two red, two black, one yellow and one white. Is the reds and the blacks just double +/-? Guessing for increase cable mm^2 while keeping as flat as possible? Or is there a reserve compartment? And is any or the white or yellow for temp control? is that usable for the pine64's temp control?

RE: Pine64 Head Unit - Zoidiano0 - 03-20-2016

Hi guys sorry for my late response
Well from. What I'm seen there are some ways of how to power the pine in the car

My best guess of how I'm going to connect it is this
Using the DC DC converter provided by dalasu connected to ground and accessory cable of my car so the screen can wake up at the start and to power it when acc it's not set I'll use my Nexus 7 battery witch I have already take it a part
( I'm going to chek what those 2 cables white and yellow does to know if we can use them)
The 2 + and - are the same spot in the board I check continuity in t3 circuit earlier

I'll do some testing and I'll who comment the result later on

I'm Also going to the prototyping shield of the pine64 I'm going to build a schematic of my system on the circuitmaker to See how it can look

Keep working on your ideas for the project and comment
C Ya

RE: Pine64 Head Unit - Zoidiano0 - 03-28-2016

Hi guys well news from the nexus 7 battery charger
i have done some testing with the nexus 7(2012) battery and circuit board (of the batt)
and well
i notice that the White cable its giving me the voltage that the battery already have
and the yellow cable is telling me the temp of the batt( not sure about this one )

i try this attaching to the board terminal's other batteries pulled from old laptop battery with different voltages and getting different results so this is for me this is how those pins works

now we have to know if the extra cable of the pine64 batt is giving us the same data  
then  we can be able to use it on the pine
if not we can still use it to power it Big Grin

RE: Pine64 Head Unit - burbs - 03-29-2016

Hi.. I just wanted to say I found out about this in last week's newsletter. I just lurk on the forums, but I just wanted to say that I'm all for a head-unit. This is an idea I've been tossing around in my head after picking up a car the other week that desperately needs something other than the stock head-unit.

Questions... there's a lot to read and understand on the first page. I'll catch up on the info and will submit any questions that come to mind.

Thanks again for bringing this to the forum!

RE: Pine64 Head Unit - lejaybo - 03-30-2016

https://learn.adafruit.com/adafruit-20w-stereo-audio-amplifier-class-d-max9744/overview

adafruit do a nice stereo 20w amp board, i used one in an old van instead of a headunit, hooked it straight to the 12v ignition connection on the radio harness and it sounded alright

Guess a 12v regulator is more ideal but I was being lazy

also the MAX13301 is a 4 channel

https://www.maximintegrated.com/en/products/analog/audio/MAX13301.html

RE: Pine64 Head Unit - npull - 04-01-2016

(03-10-2016, 04:46 PM)Zoidiano0 Wrote: Call's
well that's pretty harder cuz there's no connection android to android available to do that
Or for streaming audio from android to android

Maybe you can use http://www.tablettalkapp.com/faq/

As I understand you would need some bluetooth headset installed in the car as well, which pose a problem of how it will fight with the pine64 over the amplifier.

RE: Pine64 Head Unit - Zoidiano0 - 04-01-2016

Ya u r right I forgot about that app
Even tho I used to use that app before haja
Ya we can use that one for phone and sms ( no whatspt or fb)

But still remain the problem of music streaming

Maybe we can make that work later on

I'll add the app on the first post a to have the info updated and organized