PINE64
Android 7.1 Tablet and TV (alpha, proposal) - Printable Version

+- PINE64 (https://forum.pine64.org)
+-- Forum: PINE A64(+) (https://forum.pine64.org/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: Android on Pine A64(+) (https://forum.pine64.org/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+--- Thread: Android 7.1 Tablet and TV (alpha, proposal) (/showthread.php?tid=2828)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6

RE: Android 7.1 Tablet and TV (alpha, proposal) - Luke - 10-11-2017

(10-11-2017, 04:06 PM)CharlieB Wrote:
(10-09-2017, 03:07 AM)Luke Wrote:
(10-07-2017, 04:47 PM)CharlieB Wrote: I like ver 7.1,but the Google Play store has limited items to search from?  Is there some settings that limit the items from Google Play in this version?  I want to add banking apps, Cable TV apps, airline apps, etc.  BTW, video rendering is great.  THanks!

Not really sure what you are referring to (unless you're running ATV) but you can always download and install the apps you need from apks.

Thanks for the response. Can you explain how the install of apps from APKS is done?  Is it added to the boot disk?  Perhaps a link?

Download the apk of whatever app you want for tablet android and transfer it to the Rock64 - you can do so over the network or using a usb drive. Its probably easiest to use file explorer to install the app; just navigate in the file explorer to where you transferred the apk and click on it to be given the option to install it. Android will ask you to allow installing unauthorised apps (from outside the play store) so you will have to do that in the options menu. Once the app is installed use side launcher to open the app. Pretty easy.

RE: Android 7.1 Tablet and TV (alpha, proposal) - Blastmun - 10-31-2017

Hi,

Can you cast on your pine64? I installed the image Android 7.1 TV ver 0.3.10 build 66 on my pine64. When I want to cast, my phone tries to connect but it can not. Looking in the installed applications, when I try to restart the application I have a message that tell me it bug at startup....

If someone knows a way to solve the problem... Confused

Thanks

RE: Android 7.1 Tablet and TV (alpha, proposal) - rdijkmans - 12-07-2017

(11-23-2016, 04:58 PM)ayufan Wrote: N.B. Do not update SudoSu - it breaks the installation

I've installed Ayufan's android-7.1-pine-a64-v0.3.17-r76 onto my PineA64, and it seems to be working well. Only thing is that the device doesn't have root / supersu access in practice after flashing with Etcher.

Can anybody confirm root / supersu access after flashing this version? Is there anybody who has experienced this before and/or is there any way to gain root access without re-flashing?

UPDATE: flashed android-7.1-pine-a64-v0.3.17-r76  again. Root / Supersu work until the moment you either 1) update su binary (device doesn't come out of boot anymore) or 2) update supersu (getting root access takes minutes after, and most apps don't have that patience). As long as you don't update su binary / supersu, it works brilliantly.

RE: Android 7.1 Tablet and TV (alpha, proposal) - dkryder - 12-07-2017

in the past if build was rooted it would say in build description.

RE: Android 7.1 Tablet and TV (alpha, proposal) - quantik - 01-05-2018

I have ROCK64/4GB/32GBemmc and i have problem with latest image from ayufan
android-7.1-rock-64-rock64_regular-v0.3.13-r115-update.zip
from this site https://github.com/ayufan-rock64/android-7.1/releases.
I write this image to emmc through USB A-A cable from Win7x64/AndroidTool with success after check image.
My rock64 is connected to Asus lcd monitor through hdmi-dvi cable.
But after one hour with greyed logo "android" in middle of screen nothing more can do with keyboard or mouse?
With images from this site https://forum.pine64.org/showthread.php?tid=4879&page=2
dont have any problem.

Is there any hardware restriction with this images like monitor or must have touchscreen ?
Can you help me please where can i address question about this problem?

RE: Android 7.1 Tablet and TV (alpha, proposal) - tllim - 01-05-2018

(01-05-2018, 01:00 PM)quantik Wrote: I have ROCK64/4GB/32GBemmc and i have problem with latest image from ayufan
android-7.1-rock-64-rock64_regular-v0.3.13-r115-update.zip
from this site https://github.com/ayufan-rock64/android-7.1/releases.
I write this image to emmc through USB A-A cable from Win7x64/AndroidTool with success after check image.
My rock64 is connected to Asus lcd monitor through hdmi-dvi cable.
But after one hour with greyed logo "android" in middle of screen nothing more can do with keyboard or mouse?
With images from this site https://forum.pine64.org/showthread.php?tid=4879&page=2
dont have any problem.

Is there any hardware restriction with this images like monitor or must have touchscreen ?
Can you help me please where can i address question about this problem?

This thread is for PINE A64, you need to post at ROCK64 thread.

RE: Android 7.1 Tablet and TV (alpha, proposal) - Partymack711 - 02-12-2018

*Moved from 6.0 Thread*

Hi,

Currently using Ayufans 7.1 build and whilst it works well I notice that all the TV Catchup apps (channel 4 Od etc. ) seem to have wrong screen size - for my TV.

When you watch the streams they are zoomed in a little too tight so the outer edges of each shot are out of picture.

My question is whether the Android TV build is optimized for watching on a TV?

RE: Android 7.1 Tablet and TV (alpha, proposal) - evilbunny - 02-13-2018

(02-12-2018, 12:14 PM)Partymack711 Wrote: When you watch the streams they are zoomed in a little too tight so the outer edges of each shot are out of picture.

It sounds like you are talking about over scan, you need to disable this on the tv you're using, on my tv it was weirdly named pc mode

RE: Android 7.1 Tablet and TV (alpha, proposal) - Partymack711 - 02-14-2018

Thanks Evil - i don’t think it is overscan though.

I tried all of the different TV settings (16:9, 4:3, Zoom etc) but none of them were able to fix this.

I think there needs to be a setting change in Android, but Android has almost no ability to change things from the settings menus- unlike linux, Windows etc.

Is there any way I can try out some different display settings? Is there an app to allow extended settings to be accessed etc?

I’m not very familiar with Android, it’s very easy to use but it’s very limited in options.

Thanks.

RE: Android 7.1 Tablet and TV (alpha, proposal) - Luke - 02-14-2018

(02-14-2018, 02:21 AM)Partymack711 Wrote: Thanks Evil - i don’t think it is overscan though.

I tried all of the different TV settings (16:9, 4:3, Zoom etc) but none of them were able to fix this.

I think there needs to be a setting change in Android, but Android has almost no ability to change things from the settings menus- unlike linux, Windows etc.

Is there any way I can try out some different display settings? Is there an app to allow extended settings to be accessed etc?

I’m not very familiar with Android, it’s very easy to use but it’s very limited in options.

Thanks.

What brand is your TV ?