PINE64
C4 Labs Pine 64 Cases (Standard & LCD) - Printable Version

+- PINE64 (https://forum.pine64.org)
+-- Forum: PINE A64(+) (https://forum.pine64.org/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: Pine A64 Hardware, Accessories and POT (https://forum.pine64.org/forumdisplay.php?fid=32)
+---- Forum: Enclosures (https://forum.pine64.org/forumdisplay.php?fid=14)
+---- Thread: C4 Labs Pine 64 Cases (Standard & LCD) (/showthread.php?tid=1682)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10

RE: The C4 Labs pine 64 case - UnixOutlaw - 09-06-2016

[Image: IMG_20160905_115157_zpsztv1dong.jpg]
[Image: IMG_20160905_115149_zps27y2rc7z.jpg]
I've now got a battery inside the chassis (2500 mAh)

Here it is running Longsleep Debian XFCE 18/07/2016 build on Motorola Atrix Lapdock :
[Image: IMG_20160905_115136_zpsww0vyvyq.jpg]

RE: The C4 Labs pine 64 case - pspina3rd - 09-08-2016

Any updates on LCD enclosure?

RE: The C4 Labs pine 64 case - Bluphire - 09-08-2016

No updates yet, I'll shoot Dustin an email today for an update.

@UnixOutlaw, contact Dustin regarding the switch plate for the updated plates.

LCD C4 enclosure update:

Below is Dustin's reply to my email:

Hey Matt,

I spent yesterday evening working on it some more, and I was about to email you. The battery is easy, but the screen is proving to be difficult. The biggest problem I have is that the screen does not have any mounting holes... or really any anchor points. Amusingly it is just the screen from a tablet with little tabs that clip into the back half of an enclosure. On top of that the cable arrangement pretty much sucks. 

My girl friend and I will be leaving this weekend to climb a mountain, and I will be gone for a week... so I have two options for you. 1) I can make a case that just includes the battery and send everything back to you tomorrow. 2) You can wait a week for me to get back and I will pour my full attention into it when I get back. 

I'm honored to have your trust and will go with whatever option you choose,
Dustin

I opted to allow Dustin to hold onto everything.

Matt

RE: The C4 Labs pine 64 case - pspina3rd - 09-08-2016

(09-08-2016, 11:44 AM)Bluphire Wrote: LCD C4 enclosure update:

Hey Matt,

I spent yesterday evening working on it some more, and I was about to email you. The battery is easy, but the screen is proving to be difficult. The biggest problem I have is that the screen does not have any mounting holes... or really any anchor points. Amusingly it is just the screen from a tablet with little tabs that clip into the back half of an enclosure. On top of that the cable arrangement pretty much sucks. 

My girl friend and I will be leaving this weekend to climb a mountain, and I will be gone for a week... so I have two options for you. 1) I can make a case that just includes the battery and send everything back to you tomorrow. 2) You can wait a week for me to get back and I will pour my full attention into it when I get back. 

Dustin

Matt

Got a question for you Matt, did you send him the included cables for touchscreen or did you get a longer one?

I'd say that's a good call letting him keep it and work on it.  His work is pretty impressive from what I've seen.  So I'm going with the following slogan "In Dustin, I'm Trustin' "

Philip

RE: The C4 Labs pine 64 case - Severian - 09-08-2016

(09-08-2016, 11:44 AM)Bluphire Wrote: LCD C4 enclosure update:

Hey Matt,

Dustin

Matt

Would sending him a play box with the screw on clips that hold the lcd screen in help him out? I'd be glad to send him mine, no plans to use it since once it's snapped together after installing everything you can't get it back apart, stupid design.......

I do not have my playbox yet, so I was unable to send the longer cable. I told him about the instruction video that has been posted here and YouTube for reference on how to mount the LCD. Sending him a PlayBox may help, or may just do the same as the video. I will ask if you like.

Matt

RE: The C4 Labs pine 64 case - Severian - 09-08-2016

(09-08-2016, 04:57 PM)Bluphire Wrote: I do not have my playbox yet, so I was unable to send the longer cable. I told him about the instruction video that has been posted here and YouTube for reference on how to mount the LCD. Sending him a PlayBox may help, or may just do the same as the video. I will ask if you like.

Matt

Sure, ask him when he gets back, i'd be happy to send it to him.

RE: The C4 Labs pine 64 case - Bluphire - 09-10-2016

(09-08-2016, 05:19 PM)Severian Wrote:
(09-08-2016, 04:57 PM)Bluphire Wrote: I do not have my playbox yet, so I was unable to send the longer cable. I told him about the instruction video that has been posted here and YouTube for reference on how to mount the LCD. Sending him a PlayBox may help, or may just do the same as the video. I will ask if you like.

Matt

Sure, ask him when he gets back, i'd be happy to send it to him.

Well, my PlayBox just showed up today. If Dustin would like a PlayBox for reference, I'll just send him mine. Thanks for offering your PlayBox.

RE: The C4 Labs pine 64 case - Jessica Spongekipper - 09-14-2016

(09-10-2016, 12:13 PM)Bluphire Wrote: Well, my PlayBox just showed up today. If Dustin would like a PlayBox for reference, I'll just send him mine. Thanks for offering your PlayBox.

I was thinking about building something... but I don't think I am going to need to - fingers crossed  :-)