PINE64
What native PinePhone application would you like to see in the near future? - Printable Version

+- PINE64 (https://forum.pine64.org)
+-- Forum: PinePhone (https://forum.pine64.org/forumdisplay.php?fid=120)
+--- Forum: General Discussion on PinePhone (https://forum.pine64.org/forumdisplay.php?fid=127)
+--- Thread: What native PinePhone application would you like to see in the near future? (/showthread.php?tid=12983)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10

RE: What native PinePhone application would you like to see in the near future? - bcnaz - 11-29-2021

I would like Bleachbit "as Root" to work, ...... "as User" is working now..!

RE: What native PinePhone application would you like to see in the near future? - Avisando - 11-29-2021

(11-27-2021, 10:06 AM)TheBlindEarthican Wrote:
(11-27-2021, 04:28 AM)Avisando Wrote:
(02-03-2021, 03:34 AM)kern707 Wrote: What native (mobile optimized) applications would you like to see becoming available for the PinePhone in the near future?

I am not talking about existing applications that are currently not compatible, I am talking about applications that exist on other platforms (such as Android), but are not available for linux phones, and that you would love to have on your PinePhone.

This thread is in order to put together some opinions, that will help developers decide what the end-customer really need / want on their PinePhone, and maybe give it a higher priority.

Any input will be very much appreciated :-)

A YouTube client like NewPipe would be helpful.

Have you tried SXMO (Post Market OS & Arch Linux Arm support it)? It comes with youtube-dl scripts for video or audio only through mpv. It's a bit of a learning curve but really reliable after learning the basics.

No I have never tried it, thanks for the information. Smile

RE: What native PinePhone application would you like to see in the near future? - bcnaz - 12-01-2021

> I would really like a "Desktop" phone answering machine app.,

RE: What native PinePhone application would you like to see in the near future? - bcnaz - 12-01-2021

An App for the New Pinephone keyboard ?

RE: What native PinePhone application would you like to see in the near future? - SwordfishII - 06-01-2022

(02-08-2021, 08:22 AM)TRS-80 Wrote: In fact, I would politely suggest to stop using "services" from any company who are so obnoxious as to think they deserve to run unknown, proprietary code on your device, just to protect their private, dinosaur business model.

You do know that your wifi, bluetooth, GPU, have proprietary blobs right? How about intel's IME and AMD's equivalent. 

Snark like this bothers me. You have proprietary code on your computer right now in some fashion.

RE: What native PinePhone application would you like to see in the near future? - TRS-80 - 08-01-2022

(06-01-2022, 08:37 AM)SwordfishII Wrote: You do know that your wifi, bluetooth, GPU, have proprietary blobs right? How about intel's IME and AMD's equivalent. 

In fact, my AP (Access Point; WNDR3800 running libreCMC), GPUs and chipsets (Asus KGPE-D16 and Intel GPU based ThinkPad T60s running Libreboot) are all running fully Free Software, thank you very much. Especially no IME type stuff, as I find that particularly egregious. Of course this all took some effort on my part.

(06-01-2022, 08:37 AM)SwordfishII Wrote: Snark like this bothers me. You have proprietary code on your computer right now in some fashion.

Even if I did (and I still do in a few places, like some SBCs, other GPUs, PinePhone, etc.), I still don't follow your logic.

1. Does that make the behavior of companies who do that any less sociopathic? I don't think so.

2. Should we just give up then, and accept this terrible state of affairs? I don't think so.

I think it is very much worth working towards the end goal of fully Free Software, as much and as often as possible. It's not an all or nothing proposition. This is not only my point of view, in fact this is the official position of the Free Software Foundation.[0]

[0] I could not find a link just now, but I could swear I have read this somewhere on FSF website before.

RE: What native PinePhone application would you like to see in the near future? - totilele - 08-02-2022

Spotify, Duolingo. Perhaps a bank app.
I don't have any antivirus, which is a little worrying.

RE: What native PinePhone application would you like to see in the near future? - shulamy - 08-02-2022

signal and waze

ezik