PINE64
Axolotl on PinePhone / Mobian - Printable Version

+- PINE64 (https://forum.pine64.org)
+-- Forum: PinePhone (https://forum.pine64.org/forumdisplay.php?fid=120)
+--- Forum: PinePhone Software (https://forum.pine64.org/forumdisplay.php?fid=121)
+---- Forum: Mobian on PinePhone (https://forum.pine64.org/forumdisplay.php?fid=139)
+---- Thread: Axolotl on PinePhone / Mobian (/showthread.php?tid=12047)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22

RE: Axolotl on PinePhone / Mobian - arno_nuehm - 11-08-2022

(11-08-2022, 09:18 AM)dante404 Wrote:
(11-01-2022, 04:02 PM)arno_nuehm Wrote: sadly, I cannot recommend to use Axolotl at the moment. There are too many bugs and regressions to be fixed... The team is working their best, but it'll take some more time to make the app usable again.
Strange, I missed one message (image) the last days (AFAIK), but otherwise it seems to work still OK here (use axolotl every day, chatting with multiple different persons). Huh

BTW thanks for your work on Axolotl! Smile

Good for you! Don't change a thing then Smile
And: you're welcome - daily user here, too.
(with an unpublished hot fix version at the moment and still some bugs though...)

RE: Axolotl on PinePhone / Mobian - benedikt55 - 11-09-2022

(11-08-2022, 09:18 AM)dante404 Wrote:
(11-01-2022, 04:02 PM)arno_nuehm Wrote: sadly, I cannot recommend to use Axolotl at the moment. There are too many bugs and regressions to be fixed... The team is working their best, but it'll take some more time to make the app usable again.
Strange, I missed one message (image) the last days (AFAIK), but otherwise it seems to work still OK here (use axolotl every day, chatting with multiple different persons). Huh

BTW thanks for your work on Axolotl! Smile

...........great, which version are you using........the latest 1.6.0-1? Did not get this to be installed..................

RE: Axolotl on PinePhone / Mobian - dante404 - 11-10-2022

(11-09-2022, 04:02 PM)benedikt55 Wrote: ...........great, which version are you using........the latest 1.6.0-1? Did not get this to be installed..................
1.6.0-1 (deb)
I didn't do anything special when installing it.

RE: Axolotl on PinePhone / Mobian - arno_nuehm - 11-10-2022

(11-10-2022, 02:12 AM)dante404 Wrote:
(11-09-2022, 04:02 PM)benedikt55 Wrote: ...........great, which version are you using........the latest 1.6.0-1? Did not get this to be installed..................
1.6.0-1 (deb)
I didn't do anything special when installing it.

Please wait for v1.6.1/v1.7.0, because registration for new users is broken in v1.6.0 and other things for registered users, too.

RE: Axolotl on PinePhone / Mobian - dante404 - 01-23-2023

Hi all! Since a few days texts are no longer visible in my Axolotl (affects messages and settings, every text, everywhere), everything else is visible (the green and blue bubbles, emojis, images) but no text. I can copy the text (ctrl+a, ctrl+c) and paste it into a editor to read it, so it "is there" but I can't see it! Sad
(I also can't see what I'm typing myself, I only see that the cursor goes right with each char I enter...)
Restarting Axolotl or mobian/PinePhone doesn't help, switching dark mode on or off also doesn't help - And I haven't changed anything in Axolotl for months (using the latest version since october 2022), only did the regular mobian updates (apt upgrade, but no dist-upgrade).
Any Ideas anyone? Am I the only one with this strange problem? Huh

RE: Axolotl on PinePhone / Mobian - battlegarden - 01-23-2023

(01-23-2023, 03:46 AM)dante404 Wrote: Hi all! Since a few days texts are no longer visible in my Axolotl (affects messages and settings, every text, everywhere), everything else is visible (the green and blue bubbles, emojis, images) but no text. I can copy the text (ctrl+a, ctrl+c) and paste it into a editor to read it, so it "is there" but I can't see it! Sad
(I also can't see what I'm typing myself, I only see that the cursor goes right with each char I enter...)
Restarting Axolotl or mobian/PinePhone doesn't help, switching dark mode on or off also doesn't help - And I haven't changed anything in Axolotl for months (using the latest version since october 2022), only did the regular mobian updates (apt upgrade, but no dist-upgrade).
Any Ideas anyone? Am I the only one with this strange problem? Huh

I have exactly the same issue. I have tried deleting the .config/textsecure.nanuc/electron-folder as well as a dpkg-reconfigure, both had no effect whatsoever. Also, sometime in january I stopped getting messages. Signal-desktop on my laptop still works fine, and I'm not referring to the issue where the messages from signal-desktop would not show up on axolotl and vice-versa, just that I'm not receiving messages anymore. This is with 1.6.0.

RE: Axolotl on PinePhone / Mobian - dante404 - 01-24-2023

(01-23-2023, 02:58 PM)battlegarden Wrote: I have exactly the same issue. I have tried deleting the .config/textsecure.nanuc/electron-folder as well as a dpkg-reconfigure, both had no effect whatsoever. Also, sometime in january I stopped getting messages. Signal-desktop on my laptop still works fine, and I'm not referring to the issue where the messages from signal-desktop would not show up on axolotl and vice-versa, just that I'm not receiving messages anymore. This is with 1.6.0.
Interesting! I'm still getting messages (even this morning), I just can't see their text - I'm using axolotl 1.6.0-1 (deb).

RE: Axolotl on PinePhone / Mobian - dante404 - 01-27-2023

@battlegarden : So it seems like we're the only ones affected by this issue Sad (OR some former users don't care for Axolotl and/or the forum any longer, which would be sad of course).

RE: Axolotl on PinePhone / Mobian - dukla2000 - 01-27-2023

(01-27-2023, 02:54 AM)dante404 Wrote: @battlegarden : So it seems like we're the only ones affected by this issue Sad (OR some former users don't care for Axolotl and/or the forum any longer, which would be sad of course).

I have gone to signal-desktop instead some time ago - couldn't get axolotl working properly in early December. Did require moving my Signal account to an old droid and display on PPP is only viable in landscape but so be it.

RE: Axolotl on PinePhone / Mobian - dante404 - 01-27-2023

(01-27-2023, 04:38 AM)dukla2000 Wrote: I have gone to signal-desktop instead some time ago - couldn't get axolotl working properly in early December. Did require moving my Signal account to an old droid and display on PPP is only viable in landscape but so be it.
So you use signal-desktop (Linux) on your PinePhone? Or just on your PC?
(I'm just curious, I don't have an Android (or Apple) device to set this up anyway.)