PINE64
Axolotl on PinePhone / Mobian - Printable Version

+- PINE64 (https://forum.pine64.org)
+-- Forum: PinePhone (https://forum.pine64.org/forumdisplay.php?fid=120)
+--- Forum: PinePhone Software (https://forum.pine64.org/forumdisplay.php?fid=121)
+---- Forum: Mobian on PinePhone (https://forum.pine64.org/forumdisplay.php?fid=139)
+---- Thread: Axolotl on PinePhone / Mobian (/showthread.php?tid=12047)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22

RE: Axolotl on PinePhone / Mobian - kqlnut - 11-29-2021

(11-29-2021, 07:34 AM)Anna Wrote: Axolotl stopped sending / receiving messages two days ago (Deskotp App still works).

In anybody else experiencing problems?

It's working for me, I was able to receive and send messages today.

I got another question though: Are groups (v2) supposed to work by now? I remember initial support for groups v2 being implemented, but apparently I cannot be added to groups and when I try to create a group, none of my contacts show up (only one contact that is not using Signal and whose number I once added, but can't delete). Is it working for anybody else or are groups generally not yet supported after all?

RE: Axolotl on PinePhone / Mobian - arno_nuehm - 11-29-2021

(11-29-2021, 07:34 AM)Anna Wrote: Axolotl stopped sending / receiving messages two days ago (Deskotp App still works).

In anybody else experiencing problems?

EDIT: Just started Axolotl now and all at once received several messages I had received and written (in the Deskop app) over the past tow days -- but not all of the. In one chat, I only got the messages till 20 hours ago, in another chat, I only receive the messages that I write (again: in the desktop app) but not the replies.

Very strange.

EDIT 2: Restarted Axolotl again and received even more of the missing messages. Remains erratic though, in one chat for example I only got the messages I had received, not the ones I had sent.

Sorry to hear that - again.

One person from the Axolotl Telegram group using the Ubuntu Touch version just confirmed this statement "In one chat, I only got the messages till 20 hours ago"
Sending/receiving is ok.

But I think, it's a problem regarding the new fix in v1.0.8... I will keep you posted.

Edit: Sadly, even on UT receiving is broken...

RE: Axolotl on PinePhone / Mobian - arno_nuehm - 11-30-2021

It seems, that some folks who re-registered with v1.0.8 can send/receive again - without any further actions.

@Anna could you try it again? Re-registering should not be necessary.

And regarding v2groups:

Axolotl is capable of being added into new groups - not via invitation link, that's on the to-do list, but via direct addition from another user, with whom you had an encrypted conversation in Axolotl (key exchange is needed).

I hope, that answers your question, @kqlnut .

Cheers!

RE: Axolotl on PinePhone / Mobian - Anna - 12-02-2021

(11-30-2021, 03:47 PM)arno_nuehm Wrote: It seems, that some folks who re-registered with v1.0.8 can send/receive again - without any further actions.

@Anna could you try it again? Re-registering should not be necessary.

After the hiccups described above everything is working fine again.

Thanks!

RE: Axolotl on PinePhone / Mobian - Anna - 12-03-2021

(11-30-2021, 03:47 PM)arno_nuehm Wrote: @Anna could you try it again? Re-registering should not be necessary.

Well, it seems to work erratically:

Sometimes I can send and receive messages and sometimes I cannot. When it starts working again, I receive all the missing messages at once.

The desktop app works, so it does not appear to be a Signal problem.

RE: Axolotl on PinePhone / Mobian - arno_nuehm - 12-06-2021

Here is v1.0.8-3 for Mobian user with Ozone deactivated - all letters except ü and V are back.
The screen is blurry and Axolotl is laggy as in the good old times though.

https://github.com/nuehm-arno/axolotl-mobian-package

Direct download

`wget https://github.com/nuehm-arno/axolotl-mobian-package/blob/0163cb9b791abe76abe342f15f7e2b27dad54fb9/axolotl_1.0.8-3_arm64.deb`

When the Electron/Ozone bug is fixed, there will be a new version. Fingers crossed.

Cheers

(12-03-2021, 04:36 AM)Anna Wrote:
(11-30-2021, 03:47 PM)arno_nuehm Wrote: @Anna could you try it again? Re-registering should not be necessary.

Well, it seems to work erratically:

Sometimes I can send and receive messages and sometimes I cannot. When it starts working again, I receive all the missing messages at once.

The desktop app works, so it does not appear to be a Signal problem.

Could that be a internet connection thing? Sometimes, when my 4G is bad, I'm experiencing something similar...

RE: Axolotl on PinePhone / Mobian - Anna - 12-06-2021

(12-06-2021, 11:29 AM)arno_nuehm Wrote: Could that be a internet connection thing? Sometimes, when my 4G is bad, I'm experiencing something similar...

The problem is also there when the phone is connected via Wifi.

I think I'll try reinstalling it. I'm confused though:

The Axolotl download contains two packages: axolotl_1.0.8-3_arm64.deb and axolotl_1.0.8-2_arm64.deb

If I follow the instructions to
Code:
sudo apt install ./axolotl_1.0.8-2_arm64.deb
wouldn't I install the older version?

RE: Axolotl on PinePhone / Mobian - arno_nuehm - 12-06-2021

(12-06-2021, 12:00 PM)Anna Wrote:
(12-06-2021, 11:29 AM)arno_nuehm Wrote: Could that be a internet connection thing? Sometimes, when my 4G is bad, I'm experiencing something similar...

The problem is also there when the phone is connected via Wifi.

I think I'll try reinstalling it. I'm confused though:

The Axolotl download contains two packages: axolotl_1.0.8-3_arm64.deb and axolotl_1.0.8-2_arm64.deb

If I follow the instructions to
Code:
sudo apt install ./axolotl_1.0.8-2_arm64.deb
wouldn't I install the older version?

In v1.0.8-3 the Electron Ozone platform is disabled because it produces a nasty bug on Wayland systems like Mobian where letters cannot be typed.

If you are ok with a blurry screen and not so fast responding app, you can use v1.0.8-3.

And regarding that strange sending/receiving behaviour: I have no clue what could be the problem, but I'll ask the devs!

RE: Axolotl on PinePhone / Mobian - Anna - 12-12-2021

(12-06-2021, 12:48 PM)arno_nuehm Wrote: And regarding that strange sending/receiving behaviour: I have no clue what could be the problem, but I'll ask the devs!

It finally stopped working altogether, no reception of messages at all. So I purged Axolotl yesterday, removed all nanuc-directories etc, reinstalled & reregistered it and it worked -- for some hours. Now I don't receive any messages anymore and there's no connection to the desktop app (in the past I could sometimes see the messages I had sent from the app in axolotl).

RE: Axolotl on PinePhone / Mobian - arno_nuehm - 12-12-2021

(12-12-2021, 02:46 AM)Anna Wrote:
(12-06-2021, 12:48 PM)arno_nuehm Wrote: And regarding that strange sending/receiving behaviour: I have no clue what could be the problem, but I'll ask the devs!

It finally stopped working altogether, no reception of messages at all. So I purged Axolotl yesterday, removed all nanuc-directories etc, reinstalled & reregistered it and it worked -- for some hours. Now I don't receive any messages anymore and there's no connection to the desktop app (in the past I could sometimes see the messages I had sent from the app in axolotl).

That's new Sad Sorry to hear. Could you send me some logs
Code:
axolotl > log-file

via PM? That would be really helpful. Thank you - also for your patience and all the reports you have sent in the last weeks!