PINE64
Axolotl on PinePhone / Mobian - Printable Version

+- PINE64 (https://forum.pine64.org)
+-- Forum: PinePhone (https://forum.pine64.org/forumdisplay.php?fid=120)
+--- Forum: PinePhone Software (https://forum.pine64.org/forumdisplay.php?fid=121)
+---- Forum: Mobian on PinePhone (https://forum.pine64.org/forumdisplay.php?fid=139)
+---- Thread: Axolotl on PinePhone / Mobian (/showthread.php?tid=12047)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22

RE: Axolotl on PinePhone / Mobian - Anna - 09-30-2021

(09-27-2021, 01:58 AM)arno_nuehm Wrote: FYI:

Currently, Signal itself is experiencing technical difficulties, but this is not a problem of Axolotl as it seems. So please be patient, if something is not working right. Some UT user cannot send/receive messages, but I cannot confirm these errors on (my) Mobian system.

Have a nice day!

Thank you, @arno_nuehm !

I installed Axolotl on a newly flashed phone (Bookworm with all updates).

I could register it and I could connect it to the desktop application on my laptop.

I have the problem you described above: I cannot send or receive messages. Additionally I cannot add contacts; when I enter the details and press "Add" nothing happens.

However, I can send messages from the desktop app and those messages are the only things that show up in Axolotl: There are no outgoing messages (they just disappear after I type them and press send) there are no incoming messages (they reach the desktop app, but not Axolotl), there only the sent messages from the desktop app.

RE: Axolotl on PinePhone / Mobian - battlegarden - 10-20-2021

(09-30-2021, 04:40 AM)Anna Wrote:

Currently, Signal itself is experiencing technical difficulties, but this is not a problem of Axolotl as it seems. So please be patient, if something is not working right. Some UT user cannot send/receive messages, but I cannot confirm these errors on (my) Mobian system.

Have a nice day!

Thank you, @arno_nuehm !

I could register it and I could connect it to the desktop application on my laptop.

I have the problem you described above: I cannot send or receive messages. Additionally I cannot add contacts; when I enter the details and press "Add" nothing happens.

However, I can send messages from the desktop app and those messages are the only things that show up in Axolotl: There are no outgoing messages (they just disappear after I type them and press send) there are no incoming messages (they reach the desktop app, but not Axolotl), there only the sent messages from the desktop app.

I had exactly this issue too, but it seems to work again, I can't pinpoint the date, but it must be sometime last week. No changes whatsoever (apart from regular apt-get update/upgrade) on my side, so I don't know what happened..

RE: Axolotl on PinePhone / Mobian - arno_nuehm - 10-21-2021

(10-20-2021, 07:13 AM)battlegarden Wrote:
(09-30-2021, 04:40 AM)Anna Wrote:

Have a nice day!

Thank you, @arno_nuehm !

I had exactly this issue too, but it seems to work again, I can't pinpoint the date, but it must be sometime last week. No changes whatsoever (apart from regular apt-get update/upgrade) on my side, so I don't know what happened..

Really? That sounds promising! @Anna : Could you re-try your efforts to verify the magic?

RE: Axolotl on PinePhone / Mobian - Anna - 10-21-2021

(10-21-2021, 01:24 AM)arno_nuehm Wrote: Really? That sounds promising! @Anna : Could you re-try your efforts to verify the magic?

No magic here, I'm afraid.

Unregistered, purged & reinstalled Axolotl and registered it again, but it still does not work.

Strangely, the desktop app on my Laptop still works without relinking it.  If I remember it correctly,  I used to have to link the desktop app to Axolotl again every time I had registered anew. (But I might be wrong about that.) Edit: I could still send messages from the desktop app for a few minutes, but once a message was sent to me, I did not receive it and the setup broke. So I had to relink the desktop app to Axolotl. Axolotl now again shows the messages I send from the desktop app but not the ones I receive. So back to square 1.

RE: Axolotl on PinePhone / Mobian - battlegarden - 10-21-2021

(10-21-2021, 01:24 AM)arno_nuehm Wrote:
(10-20-2021, 07:13 AM)battlegarden Wrote: I had exactly this issue too, but it seems to work again, I can't pinpoint the date, but it must be sometime last week. No changes whatsoever (apart from regular apt-get update/upgrade) on my side, so I don't know what happened..

Really? That sounds promising! @Anna : Could you re-try your efforts to verify the magic?

Perhaps I should clarify: I have never reinstalled/purged/etc. I have axolotl installed since the first debian package and updated with the subsequently released debian packages when they came out. It stopped working after the 1.05 release but I could still receive messages on axolotl and send/receive from the linux desktop app. Then sometime last week axolotl started working again.

RE: Axolotl on PinePhone / Mobian - arno_nuehm - 10-28-2021

The arm64 deb package for Axolotl v1.0.7 is successfully built with a lot of fixes and improvements (v1.0.6 needed some hotfixes).

https://github.com/nuehm-arno/axolotl-mobian-package

These are the main fixes and improvements:

* Fix signal desktop linking by change signal desktop link url
* Fix ineffectual (unused before reassign) assignment of recipient
* Fix add contacts (partially)
* Update electron version
* Fix deleting chats
* Explicitly set ozone platform to Wayland for electron when needed (--> no blurry look and no laggy scrolling!)

Sadly, receiving messages for user with new registrations is still broken, but will be fixed with the next version.

Cheers!

RE: Axolotl on PinePhone / Mobian - battlegarden - 10-31-2021

(10-28-2021, 09:44 AM)arno_nuehm Wrote: The arm64 deb package for Axolotl v1.0.7 is successfully built with a lot of fixes and improvements (v1.0.6 needed some hotfixes).

Excellent, thank you! It looks much nicer and the device linking works nicely again.

RE: Axolotl on PinePhone / Mobian - dukla2000 - 11-04-2021

(10-28-2021, 09:44 AM)arno_nuehm Wrote: The arm64 deb package for Axolotl v1.0.7 is successfully built with a lot of fixes and improvements (v1.0.6 needed some hotfixes).

Many thanks, just managed to upgrade and all went well Wink

RE: Axolotl on PinePhone / Mobian - ragreenburg - 11-17-2021

I am on Axolotl 1.0.7 and I am unable to receive messages but I seem to be able to send them just fine, started about a week ago. Anyone else having this issue?

RE: Axolotl on PinePhone / Mobian - dukla2000 - 11-17-2021

(11-17-2021, 10:02 AM)ragreenburg Wrote: I am on Axolotl 1.0.7 and I am unable to receive messages but I seem to be able to send them just fine, started about a week ago. Anyone else having this issue?

Working OK for me: not using daily but could just receive fine