PINE64
[WIP] Sailfish OS Alpha - Printable Version

+- PINE64 (https://forum.pine64.org)
+-- Forum: PineTab (https://forum.pine64.org/forumdisplay.php?fid=140)
+--- Forum: PineTab Software (https://forum.pine64.org/forumdisplay.php?fid=142)
+--- Thread: [WIP] Sailfish OS Alpha (/showthread.php?tid=11850)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6

RE: [WIP] Sailfish OS Alpha - peperjohnny - 10-22-2020

(10-21-2020, 02:11 PM)andybleaden@gmail.com Wrote: Well
Bluetooth to headphones didn't work
Nor to a speaker
Sound is now persistent
Apps Vs browser confirmation like with Twitter is bust
Could do with landscape mode but terminal landscape works!

Questions are
How to field bugs
Post solutions
Upgrade
How close is pinephone development to pinetab?
The situation is improving rapidly upstream. Adam Pigg has made some improvements to the builds and you're able to build it now from the flash-it script once again.
I'll ask where we'd like to have it filed best and will update later on.

File away here https://github.com/sailfish-on-dontbeevil/droid-config-pinetab/issues

RE: [WIP] Sailfish OS Alpha - andybleaden@gmail.com - 10-22-2020

I was wondering how the best way would be to update any of the changes you make upstream?

Also quick question - I am really enjoying using this. Feels good and promising after a few days

Few issues (as we know BT/Keyboard etc) BUT

If I wanted to stick this on the EMMC - would I do this using jumpdrive do you think? (all my own risk etc etc )

RE: [WIP] Sailfish OS Alpha - peperjohnny - 10-22-2020

(10-22-2020, 09:54 AM)andybleaden@gmail.com Wrote: I was wondering how the best way would be to update any of the changes you make upstream?

Also quick question - I am really enjoying using this. Feels good and promising after a few days

If I wanted to stick this on the EMMC - would I do this using jumpdrive do you think? (all my own risk etc etc )
You may get some of the updates with a
Code:
Code:
zypper update

Jumpdrive should do fine. The current version doesn't display anything on the tab, but it should be visible on your PC.

RE: [WIP] Sailfish OS Alpha - andybleaden@gmail.com - 10-22-2020

(10-22-2020, 10:04 AM)peperjohnny Wrote:
(10-22-2020, 09:54 AM)andybleaden@gmail.com Wrote: I was wondering how the best way would be to update any of the changes you make upstream?

Code:
Code:
zypper update

Jumpdrive should do fine. The current version doesn't display anything on the tab, but it should be visible on your PC.
all really helpful, will try all suggestions when I have a mo and happy to help report issues if it helps you all

RE: [WIP] Sailfish OS Alpha - andybleaden@gmail.com - 10-30-2020

(10-22-2020, 01:57 PM)andybleaden@gmail.com Wrote:
(10-22-2020, 10:04 AM)peperjohnny Wrote:

Code:
Code:
zypper update

all really helpful, will try all suggestions when I have a mo and happy to help report issues if it helps you all

Have had a try at compiling this myself from scratch and not sure I am able to.

I use Ubuntu on my desktop and was coming up with all sorts of errors as this is an Arch build I take it. Also tried on my Pinebook pro (Manjaro ) but again similar errors.

So questions:

Should it be possible to do on an Ubuntu pc? ( I have used it for long enough to have built drivers via the command line before using make etc)

Should it be easier on the Manjaro machine

If so I am happy to build a weekly build and host (different Alphas) so we can keep this moving. I am afraid I am not so good at squashing bugs but if I can compile and build an image and then back that up as an .img I am more than willing to do so to ease the burden.

Why?? Because out of the builds I have used so far on the Pinetab this is the nicest - even as it is better for me to use and more enjoyable as it is even with no keyboard (physical) or Bluetooth (pity) 

Hopefully not treading on anyones toes but happy to muck in and help if I can

RE: [WIP] Sailfish OS Alpha - peperjohnny - 10-30-2020

(10-30-2020, 02:53 AM)andybleaden@gmail.com Wrote: Have had a try at compiling this myself from scratch and not sure I am able to.

I use Ubuntu on my desktop and was coming up with all sorts of errors as this is an Arch build I take it. Also tried on my Pinebook pro (Manjaro ) but again similar errors.

So questions:

Should it be possible to do on an Ubuntu pc? ( I have used it for long enough to have built drivers via the command line before using make etc)

If so I am happy to build a weekly build and host (different Alphas) so we can keep this moving. I am afraid I am not so good at squashing bugs but if I can compile and build an image and then back that up as an .img I am more than willing to do so to ease the burden.

Why?? Because out of the builds I have used so far on the Pinetab this is the nicest - even as it is better for me to use and more enjoyable as it is even with no keyboard (physical) or Bluetooth (pity) 

This should work under Ubuntu too. There's nothing arch specific with this build as far as I know.
Currently the keyboard works in the dev builds, but screen is broken. Probably because of the config used for the kernel build. We might be able to sort this out this weekend, with which one could use the flash-it script once more.
Once 3.4 is available on OBS it will be included too I think.

If you tell me the specific errors, I'll try to help you as much as I'm able. I'll update my kernel build for starters to include the latest changes, that may help a bit already.

RE: [WIP] Sailfish OS Alpha - andybleaden@gmail.com - 10-30-2020

(10-30-2020, 05:42 AM)peperjohnny Wrote:
(10-30-2020, 02:53 AM)andybleaden@gmail.com Wrote: Have had a try at compiling this myself from scratch and not sure I am able to.

So questions:

This should work under Ubuntu too. There's nothing arch specific with this build as far as I know.
Currently the keyboard works in the dev builds, but screen is broken. Probably because of the config used for the kernel build. We might be able to sort this out this weekend, with which one could use the flash-it script once more.
Once 3.4 is available on OBS it will be included too I think.

If you tell me the specific errors, I'll try to help you as much as I'm able. I'll update my kernel build for starters to include the latest changes, that may help a bit already.

OK happy to repeat this and post up the errors I get

Like I said it is more likely Ubuntu errors than errors in your build
Lets see
In the meantime I will wait perhaps until you update it

RE: [WIP] Sailfish OS Alpha - andybleaden@gmail.com - 11-02-2020

Worked out now the issue

It was this

make modules_install INSTALL_MOD_PATH=path_to/linux_modules/

Got really stuck

Was thinking. Got the first alpha build working. Could I update the new bits straight into the folders from the repos?

Assuming not but was thinking I could download the new files and replace them on my SD Card

RE: [WIP] Sailfish OS Alpha - andybleaden@gmail.com - 11-03-2020

Small update

Downloaded updated droid-config-pinetab and patched (where I thought they went)

and bingo - rebooted sd card

Bluetooth audio worked

Orientation worked

Keyboard worked!

Noted the version had downgraded to 3.3 Rokua ( I had previously upgraded to 3.4)

Tried to run updates but that then broke the system so it would not reboot

Ok - lesson learnt

Will try again - this time with no upgrades

However would like to pass on my thanks

Bluetooth audio /keyboard and orientation make this a candidate to flash now on to the emmc as it looks brilliant - so well done.

If successful will post up some screenies and feedback

Update - non successful. Will have to wait for an updated Alpha as this is sadly beyond me

RE: [WIP] Sailfish OS Alpha - andybleaden@gmail.com - 11-04-2020

Any chance of a second Alpha as ...when it worked - worked like a charm

Rotation smooth

Bluetooth connection for audio

Keyboard worked....this in a better state than many other pinetab builds so well done

Feels like a proper tablet at last - looks good and is snappy enough to be (for me ) a daily driver) 

but hint hint - a new Alpha Image would be fantastic