PINE64
SailfishOS status/progress? - Printable Version

+- PINE64 (https://forum.pine64.org)
+-- Forum: PinePhone (https://forum.pine64.org/forumdisplay.php?fid=120)
+--- Forum: PinePhone Software (https://forum.pine64.org/forumdisplay.php?fid=121)
+---- Forum: SailfishOS on PinePhone (https://forum.pine64.org/forumdisplay.php?fid=126)
+---- Thread: SailfishOS status/progress? (/showthread.php?tid=10513)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5

RE: SailfishOS status/progress? - Veraendert - 10-20-2020

Same here. I still have my Jolla1. Nothing beats the usability of SFOS. The OS itself is ready to use on a daily driver for years now. They seem to have gotten BT to work on the Pinetab it seems so there is hope that we´ll be able to get it to work on the phone, too.

RE: SailfishOS status/progress? - firefox-58 - 10-20-2020

(10-20-2020, 03:16 AM)Veraendert Wrote: Same here. I still have my Jolla1. Nothing beats the usability of SFOS. The OS itself is ready to use on a daily driver for years now. They seem to have gotten BT to work on the Pinetab it seems so there is hope that we´ll be able to get it to work on the phone, too.

Yeah, but IMO the build is extremely hungry for energy and cannot be used for more than a couple of hours. Are the newer versions better on this?

Not really. It is possible though to make SFOS consume less energy. See Jolla1

RE: SailfishOS status/progress? - firefox-58 - 10-20-2020

(10-20-2020, 08:32 AM)Veraendert Wrote: Not really. It is possible though to make SFOS consume less energy. See Jolla1

Seems that we face the same problem on SFOS loke any other OS builds:

The MODEM

Whilst running SFOS the modem does not sleep and stays very warm. There has to be implemented CRUST I think and this seem to be a big challenge

Before solving this the system was very promising but not really usable

That and the screen that seems to be always on, too.

RE: SailfishOS status/progress? - as400 - 10-21-2020

Guys, can someone sum up what's working and what is not ?
Also, which kernel 3.4.0.24 runs ?

I am wondering if it's the right time I should buy PP Smile

RE: SailfishOS status/progress? - firefox-58 - 10-29-2020

(10-21-2020, 02:19 AM)as400 Wrote: Guys, can someone sum up what's working and what is not ?
Also, which kernel 3.4.0.24 runs ?

I am wondering if it's the right time I should buy PP Smile
Since NO build I have tested up to now like SFOS, Manjaro, UB-Touch, Mobian etc. gives reliable and well running services like making and receiving calls and SMS OR has horrible problems with consuming energy I would not buy any PinePhone ATM.

I have one - but am very disappointed with the development progress and basic functions of the phone

RE: SailfishOS status/progress? - as400 - 10-29-2020

@firefox-58 thank you for your honest opinion.

RE: SailfishOS status/progress? - clover - 11-07-2020

(10-29-2020, 01:56 PM)as400 Wrote: @firefox-58 thank you for your honest opinion.
SFOS is looking really good. i was about to get my email and twitter integrated in the home screen, SMS works (haven't tested calls), default browser crashes everything, but webcat is pre-installed and works decently for basic things. was able to import contacts from a vcard, SSH works. Telegram client works. really happy with the progress here. Hats off to the devs.

RE: SailfishOS status/progress? - firefox-58 - 11-07-2020

(11-07-2020, 12:22 PM)clover Wrote:
(10-29-2020, 01:56 PM)as400 Wrote: @firefox-58 thank you for your honest opinion.
SFOS is looking really good. i was about to get my email and twitter integrated in the home screen, SMS works (haven't tested calls), default browser crashes everything, but webcat is pre-installed and works decently for basic things. was able to import contacts from a vcard, SSH works. Telegram client works. really happy with the progress here. Hats off to the devs.

But consumes energy faster as the charger could deliver here!