PINE64
Fixing the USB-C problem in software? - Printable Version

+- PINE64 (https://forum.pine64.org)
+-- Forum: PinePhone (https://forum.pine64.org/forumdisplay.php?fid=120)
+--- Forum: PinePhone Software (https://forum.pine64.org/forumdisplay.php?fid=121)
+--- Thread: Fixing the USB-C problem in software? (/showthread.php?tid=10429)

Pages: 1 2

RE: Fixing the USB-C problem in software? - tllim - 10-02-2020

(10-01-2020, 02:54 PM)Nibel Wrote: Sorry for bump but we have more information about free replacement for this switch ?

Pine Store already order one batch and will provide free to service center when established.

RE: Fixing the USB-C problem in software? - LazLong - 10-02-2020

(10-02-2020, 11:18 PM)tllim Wrote:
(10-01-2020, 02:54 PM)Nibel Wrote: Sorry for bump but we have more information about free replacement for this switch ?

Pine Store already order one batch and will provide free to service center when established.
Thanks for this @tfilm.  I'm not a great solderer but would like to attempt this on my BH.  

Question tangentially related:

When will a V1.2 PP repolacement mainboard (with the USB-C/VConnSwitches fix) likely be available? 

If I remember correctly it has been mentioned that it might come available Q4 of this year.

I have a Braveheart that has always had a non-funcitonal/defunct EG25 failing all factory tests and that never detected working sim card.  I have reflashed the EG25's firmware to no avail.  Note that I have a PMOS PP with convergence that works fine. 

I think there are a few of us that would love to replace our BH mainboards with new revised mainboards.   Thanks for any guidance regarding this.

RE: Fixing the USB-C problem in software? - tllim - 10-03-2020

(10-02-2020, 11:52 PM)LazLong Wrote:

Thanks for this @tfilm.  I'm not a great solderer but would like to attempt this on my BH.  

When will a V1.2 PP repolacement mainboard (with the USB-C/VConnSwitches fix) likely be available? 

If I remember correctly it has been mentioned that it might come available Q4 of this year.

I have a Braveheart that has always had a non-funcitonal/defunct EG25 failing all factory tests and that never detected working sim card.  I have reflashed the EG25's firmware to no avail.  Note that I have a PMOS PP with convergence that works fine. 

I think there are a few of us that would love to replace our BH mainboards with new revised mainboards.   Thanks for any guidance regarding this.

The PinePhone v1.2a spare mainboard will be available around end of this quarter.

RE: Fixing the USB-C problem in software? - LazLong - 10-03-2020

(10-03-2020, 12:02 AM)tllim Wrote:
(10-02-2020, 11:52 PM)LazLong Wrote:

The PinePhone v1.2a spare mainboard will be available around end of this quarter.
Thank you!

RE: Fixing the USB-C problem in software? - Nibel - 10-04-2020

Thank you for this information.

Keep up the good work !

RE: Fixing the USB-C problem in software? - xonq - 11-29-2020

What happened to the replacement being free? If I'm not mistaken, the board upgrade is at a discount, but it's been stated in the forum multiple times it would be free - am I missing something?

RE: Fixing the USB-C problem in software? - fsflover - 11-30-2020

(11-29-2020, 08:10 PM)xonq Wrote: What happened to the replacement being free? If I'm not mistaken, the board upgrade is at a discount, but it's been stated in the forum multiple times it would be free - am I missing something?

The replacement was never expected to be free. The repair in community repair shops was going to be free.

RE: Fixing the USB-C problem in software? - bcnaz - 11-30-2020

The mainboard revision 1.2b is available in the store now, there are provisions for Brave Heart and UBPorts phone owners to receive a
discount on their orders, you must list your original phone order number on your purchase order, or your request will be "Deleted".

RE: Fixing the USB-C problem in software? - xonq - 01-24-2021

I purchased and replaced the board but I'm still not able to charge well when the phone is on. Using an ipad charger, which fits the specs. gets throttled to less than a 1/3 when phone is on