PINE64
openSUSE for Pinephone - Printable Version

+- PINE64 (https://forum.pine64.org)
+-- Forum: PinePhone (https://forum.pine64.org/forumdisplay.php?fid=120)
+--- Forum: PinePhone Software (https://forum.pine64.org/forumdisplay.php?fid=121)
+--- Thread: openSUSE for Pinephone (/showthread.php?tid=10334)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

RE: openSUSE for Pinephone - Uturn - 03-03-2021

(03-03-2021, 07:54 AM)andresbs Wrote:
(03-03-2021, 06:56 AM)Uturn Wrote: super silly question (sorry for):
How to flash a .raw.xz file ?  Other distros have .img.xz format which I can flash perfectly with balena etcher (in OSX) but it does not accept the .raw.xz format.
Hmm I used Etcher before but I do not remember if I extracted the .raw file first.

Please see the instructions at https://en.opensuse.org/HCL:PinePhone#Installing_openSUSE_in_a_Pinephone
thank you, etcher works perfectly on second try... now trying wifi login, seems a bit spiffy. Login asks for KDEwallet password and keeps returning. So.. searching to disable KDEwallet for now.

RE: openSUSE for Pinephone Accounts - Uturn - 03-04-2021

hullo, is everybody happy with the accounts setup? I cannot enter the server address, in the owncloud panel the field gets covered by the keybard, and with nextcloud, I can type, but enter key will not add the address to the account - so I am stuck in the first panel of the accounts dialog. After a restart, the keyboard does not even appear, in the nextcloud accounts dialog. Google Account lets enter credentials, but after requesting trust to KDE Online Accounts the panel quits.

RE: openSUSE for Pinephone Accounts - andresbs - 03-05-2021

(03-04-2021, 03:38 AM)Uturn Wrote: hullo, is everybody happy with the accounts setup? I cannot enter the server address, in the owncloud panel the field gets covered by the keybard, and with nextcloud, I can type, but enter key will not add the address to the account - so I am stuck in the first panel of the accounts dialog. After a restart, the keyboard does not even appear, in the nextcloud accounts dialog. Google Account lets enter credentials, but after requesting trust to KDE Online Accounts the panel quits.
IIRC there was a KCM made by someone that made the Nextcloud login mobile friendly, I don't know if it has been or will be upstreamed but we could look into that, if that's your issue.

RE: openSUSE for Pinephone Accounts - Uturn - 03-05-2021

(03-05-2021, 10:14 AM)andresbs Wrote:
(03-04-2021, 03:38 AM)Uturn Wrote: hullo, is everybody happy with the accounts setup? I cannot enter the server address, in the owncloud panel the field gets covered by the keybard, and with nextcloud, I can type, but enter key will not add the address to the account - so I am stuck in the first panel of the accounts dialog. After a restart, the keyboard does not even appear, in the nextcloud accounts dialog. Google Account lets enter credentials, but after requesting trust to KDE Online Accounts the panel quits.
IIRC there was a KCM made by someone that made the Nextcloud login mobile friendly, I don't know if it has been or will be upstreamed but we could look into that, if that's your issue.
hmm, thank you. The issue is I'd like to connect to my online PIM storage. I learn I might use vdirsyncer to accomplish that.

RE: openSUSE for Pinephone Accounts - andresbs - 03-05-2021

(03-05-2021, 10:45 AM)Uturn Wrote:
(03-05-2021, 10:14 AM)andresbs Wrote:
hmm, thank you. The issue is I'd like to connect to my online PIM storage. I learn I might use vdirsyncer to accomplish that.
I see. From what I know it is supported, but I haven't tried it myself.
One of the first things I'll do once my ISP fixes their *bad service* is set my own Nextcloud instance Smile

RE: openSUSE for Pinephone - JimSmith80 - 03-18-2021

I decided to revisit the plasma mobile build, and I really like what you guys have done here. I haven't had the opportunity to try out the cellular capabilities yet, but it runs really smooth

RE: openSUSE for Pinephone - andresbs - 03-18-2021

(03-18-2021, 09:09 PM)JimSmith80 Wrote: I decided to revisit the plasma mobile build, and I really like what you guys have done here. I haven't had the opportunity to try out the cellular capabilities yet, but it runs really smooth
I actually plan to daily my PinePhone once we switch to eg25-manager and push a kernel with the camera working to the devel repo (sorry, we haven't yet, we are sorting some details about the kernel). Cellular capabilities have been working good for me, except USSD codes, which should be working now but do not work for me - could be my ISP being itself -.

Don't forget to check our wiki https://en.opensuse.org/HCL:PinePhone for more information.

RE: openSUSE for Pinephone - Uturn - 03-21-2021

on my openSUSE-Tumbleweed-ARM-PLAMO-pinephone.aarch64-2021.03.18-Build26.2.raw,.
> I can type my credentials for my nextcloud account, but I cannot enter them. (is there any workaround?)
the keyboard covers the input field, and the enter key will not enter the credentials.
> in terminal, the keyboard covers the lower screen completely, it's not possible to minimze the terminal app.

RE: openSUSE for Pinephone - andresbs - 03-21-2021

(03-21-2021, 06:02 AM)Uturn Wrote: on my openSUSE-Tumbleweed-ARM-PLAMO-pinephone.aarch64-2021.03.18-Build26.2.raw,.
> I can type my credentials for my nextcloud account, but I cannot enter them. (is there any workaround?)
the keyboard covers the input field, and the enter key will not enter the credentials.
> in terminal, the keyboard covers the lower screen completely, it's not possible to minimze the terminal app.
Hide the keyboard by sliding it down

RE: openSUSE for Pinephone - flembcke - 11-27-2021

I have finally installed Posh on my pinephone.
Everything seems to work right.

Rotation is upside down, any tips on how to fix it?

Telegram can not receive the code. Any ideas how to make it work?