PINE64

Full Version: Installing DietPie on Rock64 and set 1280x1024 resolution
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Thanks in advance for taking the time of reading this and possibly trying to help.

I recently got a 1 GB ROCK64, and I want to install DietPi on it. I have a 32 GB Class 10 micro SD card, a Realtek RTL8188EU Wi-FI USB dongle and a wireless keyboard + mouse combo, so up to this point I assume I'm properly equipped for the installation. The thing is I don't have any 1080p TVs or monitors (I live in Venezuela), but I do have an HDMI to VGA converter, which I'm planning to use with a 1280x1024 monitor. It also supports other resolutions, such as 800x600.

I already tried flashing the image to the micro SD card using Etcher, and the ROCK64 seems to boot up but no image appears on screen. I presume that it is booting up because the mouse turns on when I power the ROCK64.

Although I'm a Linux user, I'm completely new to the SBC world. Please, do keep that in mind.

I want to know how to change the resolution so I can proceed with the installation. I already tried Googling this issue, and even though there is comprehensive information on the subject, I couldn't find a specific solution for the ROCK64. I don't know which file I have to edit to change the resolution of the output.

I presume the issue is exclusively the output resolution, but I can't be sure. I hope someone more experienced can tell me what possibly could be wrong.

I have to add that all 3 lights of the board turn on and stay like that. I haven't tried leaving the board on for a while.

Disclaimer: I already posted this on the DietPi forum, but I haven't received an answer from them after a day. I figured that a ROCK64 forum was more likely to help me.
What do you see when you boot the board. Are you being asked to log in. Have you tried to log in via ssh from another computer.
(05-25-2020, 05:53 AM)Rocklobster Wrote: [ -> ]What do you see when you boot the board. Are you being asked to log in. Have you tried to log in via ssh from another computer.

Nothing appears on screen. I'll try today to leave the board on for a good 20 minutes to see if anything comes on screen. I haven't tried to use ssh, but I'll do that as well.