PINE64

Full Version: UART stopped working
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
The UART on my rock64 (using PINs 6, 8 and 10) stopped working after attaching it quite many times. Eventually I might have shortened something and damaged the board? Anyways, besides that the board itself seems to work fine. The same serial console is working with a rockpro64 so I am quite sure that it's a hardware issue (to be double-sure, I will try to double-check with a different rock64 from a collegue).

Anyways, is there any alternative UART that can be used? And what approach can you recommend to locate the fault?
(04-23-2020, 02:28 PM)kuleszdl Wrote: [ -> ]The UART on my rock64 (using PINs 6, 8 and 10) stopped working after attaching it quite many times. Eventually I might have shortened something and damaged the board? Anyways, besides that the board itself seems to work fine. The same serial console is working with a rockpro64 so I am quite sure that it's a hardware issue (to be double-sure, I will try to double-check with a different rock64 from a collegue).

Anyways, is there any alternative UART that can be used? And what approach can you recommend to locate the fault?

There is no alternative UART can be used.