PINE64

Full Version: Annoying friends + Acrylic case = Fingerprints. help?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
My annoying friends won't stop putting their grubby little fingerprints all over the acrylic case.

Any ideas to fend them off? Bug Zapper? Duct Tape? Duck Tape...?!? And no, I can't do what every 'Murican would do: Sue them or pull out the shotgun, too Canadian to do that... Maybe if I said sorry after...
(05-04-2016, 09:27 PM)MegaMech Wrote: [ -> ]My annoying friends won't stop putting their grubby little fingerprints all over the acrylic case.

Any ideas to fend them off? Bug Zapper? Duct Tape? Duck Tape...?!? And no, I can't do what every 'Murican would do: Sue them or pull out the shotgun, too Canadian to do that... Maybe if I said sorry after...

Buy them all gloves.

Or chop off their hands.
Or some sort of electric fence around it Wink
(05-04-2016, 09:27 PM)MegaMech Wrote: [ -> ]My annoying friends won't stop putting their grubby little fingerprints all over the acrylic case.

how about ... [see attachment]
Funny solution: Cover the case in a stinky or sticky substance. Preferably both Smile

Real solution: Get some high grit sandpaper (320 or higher), and rub up the case a bit. It won't be crystal clear anymore, but it shouldn't show fingerprints.

Too difficult to say "Please don't touch my sensitive electrical equipment"?
Seriously, do they also change the radio station when they ride in your car - RUDE!
WTF?

On a side note, some people apparently have weird bio-chemical/electrical issues.
I worked with a woman years ago at Keytronic that would cause our oscilloscope to freak out whenever she got close to it - be wary of people touching your open electronics without being grounded.

Perhaps a tiny sign that reads "sensitive electronics: Do NOT touch"?