PINE64

Full Version: play store auth issue
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
twice now the lay store says I need to authenticate when I try to install something, and then it doesn't.  all other google sign in stuff seems to work fine, just the play store.  only a reboot fixes it and then the thing installs fine.

arg! now it's sucessfully installing one thing, then nothing else!

I'm also now getting a generic error with a link to a web page that tells me how how ot make sure my network connection is OK. a web page. on the internet. that loads fine. thinks my network isn't connected.

I realize that one is all google's fault, but damned. this is nuts.
(05-04-2016, 07:49 PM)chrwei Wrote: [ -> ]twice now the lay store says I need to authenticate when I try to install something, and then it doesn't.  all other google sign in stuff seems to work fine, just the play store.  only a reboot fixes it and then the thing installs fine.

arg!  now it's sucessfully installing one thing, then nothing else!

I'm also now getting a generic error with a link to a web page that tells me how how ot make sure my network connection is OK.  a web page.  on the internet. that loads fine. thinks my network isn't connected.  

I realize that one is all google's fault, but damned.  this is nuts.

If next time happens again, goto setting-> app and clear the Play Store data. This may help.
i did clear cache. rebooting always fixes it
(05-05-2016, 12:49 AM)tllim Wrote: [ -> ]
(05-04-2016, 07:49 PM)chrwei Wrote: [ -> ]twice now the lay store says I need to authenticate when I try to install something, and then it doesn't.  all other google sign in stuff seems to work fine, just the play store.  only a reboot fixes it and then the thing installs fine.

arg!  now it's sucessfully installing one thing, then nothing else!

I'm also now getting a generic error with a link to a web page that tells me how how ot make sure my network connection is OK.  a web page.  on the internet. that loads fine. thinks my network isn't connected.  

I realize that one is all google's fault, but damned.  this is nuts.

If next time happens again, goto setting-> app and clear the Play Store data. This may help.

I am on android stable release 20160303 clearing cache or rebooting nothing works for this issue.
Created a new android image to boot, play store works fine for few hours again same issue.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Followed below step to download using play store:
* Go to Settings --> Account --> Google
* Select your google account --> select option (Three dots) on top right corner
* Select Remove account.

Launch play store it will ask to add google account.. Now it will work for sometime until you hit authentication issue again.
When I get to the point where I've entered my Google account information and I'm supposed to verify terms and conditions, I can't go any further. I believe there's a box that I need to check but am unable to see it. Can't figure out how to scroll down. Ideas?
tried clearing data, now the play store interface won't load at all, just a white screen with the loading spinner
Speaking from back when I used to play with lots of android roms on various phones it could have something to do with the scree density/resoloution being reported to google play or it could have to do with what device is being reported. Hard to say. Have any of you checked https://www.google.com/android/devicemanager to see if the play store saw the device try to login?
I'm having similar issues - feel the pain.
Guys, have you tried the new Android Image released 2 days ago? Do the problems persist under the new release?
(05-09-2016, 02:45 PM)g_t_j Wrote: [ -> ]Guys, have you tried the new Android Image released 2 days ago? Do the problems persist under the new release?

Haven't tried it yet, I'll try to give it a test tomorrow. I didn't seen anything in the release note about it so I figured it wasn't fixed.
Pages: 1 2 3