PINE64

Full Version: Play Store Crashing
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi, 

I have installed the rooted android OS from the Wiki and while I was able to download 2 apps from the play store 90% of the things I try to download just crash the store (no error, just crashes).  

How can I debug?

Am I better off with the non-rooted version?
(05-03-2016, 09:20 AM)fsa317 Wrote: [ -> ]Hi, 

I have installed the rooted android OS from the Wiki and while I was able to download 2 apps from the play store 90% of the things I try to download just crash the store (no error, just crashes).  

How can I debug?

Am I better off with the non-rooted version?

I tried the non-rooted version similar behavior. I seem to be getting an out of memory exception when trying to load an image. What's weird is that adb is reporting 440megs free memory.
I can confirm I have the same problem, non rooted version, clean install.
So I have a 2GB and 1GB. The error with the OOM in the play store happens on the 1GB but not the 2.

On the 2GB, the Play Store only works for a few minutes then I get an error about being unable to download new apps. From there the only thing that works is removing my Google account from the device and re-adding it. Very frustrating.
(05-04-2016, 05:23 PM)fsa317 Wrote: [ -> ]So I have a 2GB and 1GB.  The error with the OOM in the play store happens on the 1GB but not the 2.

On the 2GB, the Play Store only works for a few minutes then I get an error about being unable to download new apps.  From there the only thing that works is removing my Google account from the device and re-adding it.  Very frustrating.

This is common Play Store issue, not necessary related to Pine A64 board. When happen again, just goto setting -> app section and clear the Play Store data.