PINE64

Full Version: January Community Update discussion
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
The January Community Update is up. Starting this thread if you rather ask questions here than in the blog comments.
Can we have an estimation on how much the OG Pinebook RK3399 upgrade kit will cost? Thanks!
Hey Luke! Thanks again for everything!

I got my PineBook Pro on Monday. I'm so happy and excited! I saw a dirty boot print on the DHL bag but the PBP seems fine and I've been using it every day! The only thing I've noticed is I mush my fat thumb onto the webcam every time I open it. Not a big deal for me because I'll never use the webcam but still it's a bit of a surprise. I'm scared I'll scratch it or something.

I'm really looking forward to the PinePhone too! I watched the clock count to 0 just to order it...well try Wink ... and now I'm watching my email and manually checking every couple hours.

On the PineTab front, I want one and I'll buy one I just don't know when. I have the laptop and the phone so I kind of feel like I have enough toys to play with for quite awhile. I don't think I could divide my attention on another thing... That being said I'd love to see them get into the hands of the community so we can help push the software along.

Sorry, I havent seen it around anywhere, is there a price you expect to see on the tab? I believe I read somewhere there will be a version with a cell modem too??

Cheers!
, you already know I can't wait to get my mitts on one of those PineTabs! I'm even looking forward to running a few of those Phone ports on it.

Eagerly awaiting the upgrade kit, too! Do you expect orders/shipping to be handled in a similar fashion as the other new devices, or more like the board products in the store?
good question. I don't think we've settled on a price-point for it. Depending on how complex and expensive the cooling solution turns out to be, I'd expect same price as the RockPro64. This is just my guess.

oh wow, another DHL horror story Sad There have now been ~10 reports of the eMMC module coming off during shipping - and those things are really sitting firmly in their socket. Makes you wonder what DHL does with these boxes ...

As for the PineTab pricing, I think that it will be $99 with 64GB of eMMC. Not sure how much the keyboard/ cover will cost just yet, but I'll find out for you.

I am certain that the upgrade kit will be handled just as regular SBCs Smile
Big Grin  I can feel hype. It is real, and it is good.
(01-16-2020, 08:31 AM)Luke Wrote: [ -> ] good question. I don't think we've settled on a price-point for it. Depending on how complex and expensive the cooling solution turns out to be, I'd expect same price as the RockPro64. This is just my guess.

oh wow, another DHL horror story Sad There have now been ~10 reports of the eMMC module coming off during shipping - and those things are really sitting firmly in their socket. Makes you wonder what DHL does with these boxes ...

As for the PineTab pricing, I think that it will be $99 with 64GB of eMMC. Not sure how much the keyboard/ cover will cost just yet, but I'll find out for you.

I am certain that the upgrade kit will be handled just as regular SBCs Smile

I don't really like DHL. I prefer the Idea of the package being passed to Canada Post for the delivery. in the USA that means shipping with USPS. I'm not sure what it would be in China... China Post?

$99 eh? Yeah, I'll totally buy a PineTab. Even if I ignore it for a bit because I'm playing with the phone I will not feel bad for $99. where do I put my order in Smile I'm also getting a May batch of the PinePhone...

Also, this post hurts me. I'll take it off your hands, we'll be good friends.
There will be some sort of CE marking on the phone, i hope?
(01-16-2020, 09:12 AM)Veraendert Wrote: [ -> ]There will be some sort of CE marking on the phone, i hope?

This Thread suggests they started the process in Dec and takes about a month.I doubt they finished in time to put the markings on this batch. that's just a guess though.
Thank you for the continued updated. Just got the shipping notification for my Pinebook Pro, it should be here soon!

(01-16-2020, 01:39 PM)nas Wrote: [ -> ]Surprised there's even more hardware in the works - I can only assume you guys never sleep!

Let's see, could it possibly include a smart speaker device? Maybe named Pinelope but pronounced Penelope  Wink

This seems like a really workable idea.
Pages: 1 2