PINE64

Full Version: Damaged in shipping
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I hope this is the place for it...

I got my 2GB Pine64 a couple of weeks ago and one of the components, the Wifi/Bluetooth connector was damaged in shipping.

Pine runs fine. Love playing around with the sbc.

Also I have emailed support@pine64.com and through the web contact form and haven't gotten anything back from anyone yet. 

Attached is picture of the damaged module. http://imgur.com/a2cdbeM

[Image: a2cdbeM]
(05-01-2016, 09:46 AM)fdnyubergeek Wrote: [ -> ]I hope this is the place for it...

I got my 2GB Pine64 a couple of weeks ago and one of the components, the Wifi/Bluetooth connector was damaged in shipping.

Also I have emailed support@pine64.com and through the web contact form and haven't gotten anything back from anyone yet. 

Please PM me title Wifi/BT module replacement and you name, address. tel (for shipping purpose), I will ask shipping facility ship out one to you on this issue.
(05-01-2016, 09:39 PM)tllim Wrote: [ -> ]
(05-01-2016, 09:46 AM)fdnyubergeek Wrote: [ -> ]I hope this is the place for it...

Please PM me title Wifi/BT module replacement and you name, address. tel (for shipping purpose), I will ask shipping facility ship out one to you on this issue.

Hi tllim

I'm also having issue with a wifi/bt module.
Mine looks fine visually tho beside a little bend in the antenna

When connected to the board, RemixOS won't boot, looping on Pine64 logo. Any linux will boot but no wifi interface detected.
As soon as I remove the module from the board, RemixOS boots ok

I waited for my friend to receive his board and we swapped module, same issue on his board with my module, and my board working ok with his module.

Seems like the wifi module is defect...

Can I pm you the same way for a replacement ?
(05-07-2016, 08:31 PM)Lutinmalin Wrote: [ -> ]
(05-01-2016, 09:39 PM)tllim Wrote: [ -> ]

Hi tllim

I'm also having issue with a wifi/bt module.
Mine looks fine visually tho beside a little bend in the antenna

When connected to the board, RemixOS won't boot, looping on Pine64 logo. Any linux will boot but no wifi interface detected.
As soon as I remove the module from the board, RemixOS boots ok

I waited for my friend to receive his board and we swapped module, same issue on his board with my module, and my board working ok with his module.

Seems like the wifi module is defect...

Can I pm you the same way for a replacement ?

Please PM me with wifi/bt module photo.
Got the replacement and everything is working now! Thanks!
Glad your problem was sorted out that quickly!

That was really fast. Where are you based if you don't mind?
(05-08-2016, 06:33 AM)g_t_j Wrote: [ -> ]Glad your problem was sorted out that quickly!

Just outside of NYC.
(05-08-2016, 06:57 AM)fdnyubergeek Wrote: [ -> ]
(05-08-2016, 06:33 AM)g_t_j Wrote: [ -> ]Glad your problem was sorted out that quickly!

Just outside of NYC.

Thanks for the reply.
I hope I too get my order soon. I'm seriously tired of waiting. I'm in the EU. It seems that things work better with Pine64 in the US though...

Cheers.
(05-08-2016, 07:30 AM)g_t_j Wrote: [ -> ]

Just outside of NYC.

Thanks for the reply.
I hope I too get my order soon. I'm seriously tired of waiting. I'm in the EU. It seems that things work better with Pine64 in the US though...

Cheers.
Yep, people in the States, about 7500 miles away from Shenzhen, seem to have their shipping faster than to Hong Kong, 30 miles away.

Got my tracking number on the 16th April (backer 9005) and the last tracked info was the 22nd.

Fortunately, support told me that it would take a couple of days for my tracking number to become active, just 10 days after I told them my tracking info had been stale for 10 days. So now I feel informed.

I guess I'll just continue to wait, since they're too busy to read emails and answer the questions posed.
(05-08-2016, 08:19 AM)benpope81 Wrote: [ -> ]
(05-08-2016, 07:30 AM)g_t_j Wrote: [ -> ]

Just outside of NYC.

Thanks for the reply.

Cheers.
Yep, people in the States, about 7500 miles away from Shenzhen, seem to have their shipping faster than to Hong Kong, 30 miles away.

Got my tracking number on the 16th April (backer 9005) and the last tracked info was the 22nd.

Fortunately, support told me that it would take a couple of days for my tracking number to become active, just 10 days after I told them my tracking info had been stale for 10 days. So now I feel informed.

I guess I'll just continue to wait, since they're too busy to read emails and answer the questions posed.
Still, I'm under the impression that most backers who got their pledges are based in the US.

Anyhow, according to the last KS update, all orders from backers should have been fulfilled by now. If this is not the case, then they should come up with another update and clear things up.
Pages: 1 2