PINE64

Full Version: Partitioning MicroSD card for boot/storage
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Let me start by saying thank you for the people who have been super helpful already on the forums! 

I'm on a Mac, OSx, and I have a 32gb micro sd card that I've been using for a boot card since it's the smallest I currently have available. When burning any of the images using terminal, is there a way to partition the drive, and burn the image to the smaller partition, so I don't end up wasting the rest of the space on the card? 

Sorry for the newbish question, but I figure someone had to have run into this issue already and was hoping they could shed some light on it for me.

I'm trying to use it for a media center, and I'm leaning more towards Remix OS, is this the best choice for what I want to do? Thoughts? Better ideas? Cat Pictures? Let me know!
Burn the image without partitions. Boot the system and use the package manager to install gparted. You can then add or change your partition with a gui interface. That will work for most any Linux install. Not sure about Remix.
(05-01-2016, 04:34 AM)Leoncito81 Wrote: [ -> ]Burn the image without partitions. Boot the system and use the package manager to install gparted. You can then add or change your partition with a gui interface. That will work for most any Linux install. Not sure about Remix.

My next board is probably going to be a linux setup, so that will help when I get around to that project. Thank you!
Linux is a fun learning experience

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
(05-01-2016, 06:43 PM)Leoncito81 Wrote: [ -> ]Linux is a fun learning experience

This is Pine64 goal, fun to learn.
(05-01-2016, 06:43 PM)Leoncito81 Wrote: [ -> ]Linux is a fun learning experience

no, no it isn't Big Grin
That's why I love Arch. Lots of documentation and you have to get your hands dirty. :-). Makes you think about what goes into the software