PINE64

Full Version: Google Play Store (or services)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I have Remix up and running and it looks like the play store came pre-installed.  But no matter what I try to download it either gives me an error or just keeps thinking.  Wi-fi is working fine so it's not an internet connection issue.

Do I need to side-load something to make it work properly?

Thanks.
Have you tried the latest image? I had that issue on one of the older ones.
It worked perfectly fine for me when I tried ... could something (e.g. in your router) be blocking google play services? Do you have a private DNS ?
I got the same error with the playstore. But i found a solution. You have to do the following, after that, everything works fine and you can download and install the apps you want from playstore:

1. Go to Settings and delete your google account from "Accounts"
2. Go to Apps and clear data + cache for the google play store
3. start the play store and reenter your google account informations

After these steps you can download without any errors
I just installed remix-v2.0-20160415 for the 2nd time and this time everything seems to be working well. I used the DD image for my 32 GB SD card and booted with the Ethernet cable unplugged. Once I plugged it in and was online, I was able to open the Play Store App and log into my account. I update 4 apps already installed and have since added Twitter, Comixology and TheCW TV App that actually let me stream The Flash. So far so good!