PINE64

Full Version: adb access? or root to writable system?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I have a kl file I'd like to install for a joystick, but the typical install instructions say to use USB and ADB, but that won't work since the USB port is power only.

I also don't see any options for ADB in the settings, or any developer or debug settings.  what can I do to get this installed?
(04-28-2016, 07:45 PM)chrwei Wrote: [ -> ]I have a kl file I'd like to install for a joystick, but the typical install instructions say to use USB and ADB, but that won't work since the USB port is power only.

I also don't see any options for ADB in the settings, or any developer or debug settings.  what can I do to get this installed?

The upper USB port can be configured as OTG when in debug mode.
a forum and wiki search didn't seem to turn up anything useful for "debug", and as i said I don't see it in the settings, how do I enable that?
If you have the device connected to your network you can use adb over network ?

adb connect xx.xx.xx.xx
it does not respond to adb connect. where's the developer options to enable that?

I remembered on my phone I had to click a thing in about a bunch to get dev options, that worked, but adb connect still doesn't. does that means I have to find an A-A usb cable? I'm not sure what "upper usb port" means otherwise.
You can use ADB locally if you install a terminal. then just run "adb shell" to get root
Settings => About device (or phone) => Click 7 times on "Build Number" => Developer Options are now available!
Go back and click on "Developer tools/options" and activate "USB debugging".

Good luck!
adb shell responds:

* daemon not running.  starting it now on port 5038 *
* daemon started successfully *
error: device not found

and returns to the same prompt and the filesystem is still read only.  there is "1|" at the beginning of the prompt but it seems that because of the error.  any successful command it goes away, and any erroring command it comes back.
huh, worked fine here. anyway there is a new build with supersu now
this actually on remixOS. the normal android build felt like trying to view a phone sideways on my TV, not pleasant. I don't mean it was rotated wrong, just the soft-buttons took up too much screen real estate, and it's made for touch-only which is weird with a KB+mouse.

I might give the normal another shot.
Pages: 1 2