PINE64

Full Version: November Blog Update -- PinePhone Braveheart, Pinebook Pros, and a giant Pine Cluster
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
The November update is now live. Here are the key points: 

• Our monster clusters; core community services will migrate to our own hardware in 2020
  • Pinebook Pros shipped; Last pre-orders for ~3 months start today (ANSI +ISO)
  • We’re aware of NVMe adapter & Trackpad issues, expect fixes soon
  • OG Pinebook upgrade to Pro-esque setup in Q1 2020
  • PinePhones for developers (finally) ship November 5-18th
  • PinePhone Brave Heart Pre-Orders start November 15th; delivery December 2019 / January 2020
  • PineTab production conundrum; state of software 
  • PineTime dev kits shipped; development proceeding exceptionally well
Click me to read more

Discuss below if you wish!
From the blog:
Quote:the Pinebook Pros from both community production-runs and a large portion of the ‘public batch’ have now shipped.

Does this mean if we're from the community production run, we should have received a notification of it shipping by now?
(11-05-2019, 08:55 AM)odinson Wrote: [ -> ]From the blog:
Quote:the Pinebook Pros from both community production-runs and a large portion of the ‘public batch’ have now shipped.

Does this mean if we're from the community production run, we should have received a notification of it shipping by now?

You should have. However, it's possible DHL hasn't processed your shipment yet.
The public batch shipments will go out for the next 7 days or so, but all community shipments should have been fulfilled
(11-05-2019, 09:12 AM)Luke Wrote: [ -> ]The public batch shipments will go out for the next 7 days or so, but all community shipments should have been fulfilled

I received the email they were about to go out along about the same as the earliest posts here talking about the email, but I have heard nothing since then. At what point should I contact support about this? I have no problem being patient, I just want to know at what point I should assume there's a problem. Thanks.
(11-05-2019, 09:21 AM)odinson Wrote: [ -> ]
(11-05-2019, 09:12 AM)Luke Wrote: [ -> ]The public batch shipments will go out for the next 7 days or so, but all community shipments should have been fulfilled

I received the email they were about to go out along about the same as the earliest posts here talking about the email, but I have heard nothing since then. At what point should I contact support about this? I have no problem being patient, I just want to know at what point I should assume there's a problem. Thanks.

If you don't get anything by Friday then please email: pinebook@pine64.org and CC: info@pine64.org 
Thanks - lets hope this is just a DHL mess-up.
(11-05-2019, 09:25 AM)Luke Wrote: [ -> ]

If you don't get anything by Friday then please email: pinebook@pine64.org and CC: info@pine64.org 

Okay, will do. Thanks.
On the PineTab production pre-CNY --Yes, please. I think getting these devices into the hands of a broader range of developers will get an operational OS much sooner. Perhaps ship the same default OS as the PinePhone?
(11-05-2019, 08:36 AM)fire219 Wrote: [ -> ]Click me to read more
"As a teaser I attach an image of Manjaro running mainline kernel and Panfrost FOSS GPU drivers on the Pinebook Pro – pretty cool huh?"

Yes! Yes, very cool indeed! I'm running Manjaro ARM on my Raspberry Pi 4 - it's fast (2GHz overclock) and smooth. It's not my daily driver, but if I had a desk to have a permanent setup then it could be just about. I'd be totally psyched with a Pinebook Pro running Manjaro!  

And I guess the fact that it's running the mainline kernel means that it will be easier for developers to maintain? E.g. fewer device-specific tweaks needed?
(11-05-2019, 09:25 AM)Luke Wrote: [ -> ]

I'm in the exact same situation, so they may have messed up more than once.
Pages: 1 2