PINE64

Full Version: Overclock past 1.8/2.2
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi everyone! I've been testing overclocking on the rockpro64 for some time now, and I've gotten a stable ( I think ) overclock of 1.8/2.2 for the little and big cores.

However, when trying to push them any higher than 1800000000 and 2208000000 in the dts for ayufan-linux-mainline it never works.

I can attempt to set the big core to anything I'd like ( 7.0ghz ) and I get no real warning, and the clock as reported by sysfs is still 2.208ghz

I had to crank the voltage up a good bit to get them stable at this freq anyways so I'm not sure how much further I could go, but I'd like to try.

The thermals with 20mm heatsink + fan are still well within reason too.
(11-03-2019, 01:20 AM)kolbycrouch Wrote: [ -> ]Hi everyone! I've been testing overclocking on the rockpro64 for some time now, and I've gotten a stable ( I think ) overclock of 1.8/2.2 for the little and big cores.

However, when trying to push them any higher than 1800000000 and 2208000000 in the dts for ayufan-linux-mainline it never works.

I can attempt to set the big core to anything I'd like ( 7.0ghz ) and I get no real warning, and the clock as reported by sysfs is still 2.208ghz

I had to crank the voltage up a good bit to get them stable at this freq anyways so I'm not sure how much further I could go, but I'd like to try.

The thermals with 20mm heatsink + fan are still well within reason too.

Hi kolbycrouch,
could you please post how you get to 1.8/2.2 please?
Compile your own kernel, old instructions here.
Hi,
I noticed armbian has CPU freq options built in to armbian-config. I would assume it changes the voltage according to the freq you set?