PINE64

Full Version: Google Play Services Crashes
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I booted up the 20160303 Android image, connect via WIFI (worked great), and start Chrome to test internet connectivity. It crashes so I check the forums which say to uninstall+reinstall Chrome. I open up google play, search for chrome, uninstall it from google play, and reinstall. Everything is working fine so far. I can open chrome without crashing, BUT it says that to use Chrome I must have the most recent version of Google Play Services. 

I ignore the "Google is enforcing their verified devices, DON'T DO IT" feeling in my gut and update Google Play services. Chrome now works, but Google play crashes whenever I try to search for apps or open details of an app saying "Unfortunately, Google Play Store has stopped". 

I have made a bug report for this issue (can't seem to link to my specific bug report but it has the same title as this thread), but figured I should post here as well so the community can hack at it too.