PINE64

Full Version: Rock64 Seafile Installation
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Dear all,

currently i'm running 3 Raspberry Pi's for different tasks (ie. FHEM, VPN-Gateway, Seafile-Cloud, NAS ...). Due to the lack of USB performance i decided to buy a Rock64 to use it as NAS which works pretty good. Afterwards i thought about exchaning one of the RPI's by installing Seafile on the Rock64.

After several hours of try & error i can't get Seafile installed on the Rock64.

I tried to compile Seafile with the help of the Seafile manual but ending in a lot failures.
I tried to install an alreadys compiled version but struggeling with the mysql-configuration which is killing me.

On the Pi everything was a little bit easier. Has anybody a good and working instruction to get Seafile installed on the Rock64?
Which OS should i use to get it running? Up to now i tried bionic-minimal and armbian.

Thanks in advance for your support.
Hate to say it now but you do know that the Pi 4 has hit the scene with similar specs to the Rock64 if you're looking for the easy solution.
(06-26-2019, 05:30 PM)Rocklobster Wrote: [ -> ]Hate to say it now but you do know that the Pi 4 has hit the scene with similar specs to the Rock64 if you're looking for the easy solution.

Hi Rocklobster,

i realized it shortly after my post. I'll sell the rock64 to get the new Pi4 which has 2 USB3-ports. I looked forward to work with the Rock64
but the Pi-world is much easier :-(

Thanks for your response.

Regards