PINE64

Full Version: Building a custom kernel on @mrfixit's Debian distro?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi Folks,

I've been building Linux kernels since 0.99.12, but I can't come up with a formula that allows me to build the kernel from the kernel-source package that is available for the 190531 release.

I'm trying to enable native SAS, scsi generic, and scsi tape support and add support for the HighPoint RR27XX card family.

EDIT - the RR27XX is seen properly by the kernel, and lspci reports proper configuration information.

Pointers and tips are highly welcomed Smile
(06-12-2019, 02:34 PM)Tim Jones Wrote: [ -> ]Hi Folks,

I've been building Linux kernels since 0.99.12, but I can't come up with a formula that allows me to build the kernel from the kernel-source package that is available for the 190531 release.

I'm trying to enable native SAS, scsi generic, and scsi tape support and add support for the HighPoint RR27XX card family.  

EDIT - the RR27XX is seen properly by the kernel, and lspci reports proper configuration information.

Pointers and tips are highly welcomed Smile

you can approach mrfixit2001 at PINE64 IRC on ROCK64 channel, just goto http://pine64.xyz and /join #rock64.