PINE64

Full Version: HDMI out not working on Pine64 11.6" XFCE
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
This is the software that came with my Pinebook 11.6" laptop but HDMI out doesn't work with XFCE or Plasma so I can't display on external screens. Everything else works well. Xubuntu is my preferred software so I don't want to install something else. How soon can this be fixed? Thanks
(06-11-2019, 12:23 PM)Fox7799 Wrote: [ -> ]This is the software that came with my Pinebook 11.6" laptop but HDMI out doesn't work with XFCE or Plasma so I can't display on external screens. Everything else works well. Xubuntu is my preferred software so I don't want to install something else. How soon can this be fixed? Thanks

For HDMI output on Pinebook, please try out anarsoul's Arch Linux build.
You need a mainline image for HDMI out to work ; to my knowledge, no one ever got it working on BSP
(06-14-2019, 12:47 AM)Luke Wrote: [ -> ]You need a mainline image for HDMI out to work ; to my knowledge, no one ever got it working on BSP

I have Fedora 30 on Pine64 11.6" which uses mainline kernel  5.2.8-200.fc30.aarch64

HDMI doesn't work.   At least xrandr and gui wrappers do not detect an HDMI monitor plugged into the port, and there is no signal to the monitor.