PINE64

Full Version: Pinebook HDMI not working
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi,
I received my new Pinebook yesterday, newest model with 1920 x 1080 screen, all is awesome with the exception I am not able to get the HDMI output to work.  I have used 2 different monitors and get the same result, both show that a signal is present and switch to that input however neither will display any video or audio.  I have used the same cable with both monitors with my dlsr cameras as well as other devices and all works with other devices.  I am using KDE Neon as was preinstalled with all current updates and everything else is perfectly working otherwise.  Am I missing something?

Thank you Smile
(05-15-2019, 04:27 PM)DarkShadow Wrote: [ -> ]Hi,
I received my new Pinebook yesterday, newest model with 1920 x 1080 screen, all is awesome with the exception I am not able to get the HDMI output to work.  I have used 2 different monitors and get the same result, both show that a signal is present and switch to that input however neither will display any video or audio.  I have used the same cable with both monitors with my dlsr cameras as well as other devices and all works with other devices.  I am using KDE Neon as was preinstalled with all current updates and everything else is perfectly working otherwise.  Am I missing something?

Thank you Smile

What you're missing is a mainline OS image :Smile HDMI should work with Manjaro, Armbian, DietPi, AOSC and other mainline OS images. I don't think that anyone ever got HDMI to work with the BSP kernel.
(05-15-2019, 04:56 PM)Luke Wrote: [ -> ]
(05-15-2019, 04:27 PM)DarkShadow Wrote: [ -> ]Hi,

Thank you Smile

What you're missing is a mainline OS image :Smile HDMI should work with Manjaro, Armbian, DietPi, AOSC and other mainline OS images. I don't think that anyone ever got HDMI to work with the BSP kernel.
Oh, was not aware of that, thanks so much will give this a try!