PINE64

Full Version: Manjaro ARM for Pinebook
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
I'm using Preview 2 on my pinebook and all looks good.

Wifi runs over eduroam, ethernet usb dongle runs, recognize 64 gb emmc, blue function keys... all perfect.

I don't test html5 video and sound yet.

Looks very good to run over it.
I had the same experience but I do have to say that on battery the wifi drops off quite often. Sometimes it connecs right back, sometimes not.
While using the power cable that does not happen.
Appart from that it works really great.
Preview 3 is out with plenty of fixes: https://forum.manjaro.org/t/manjaro-arm-...iew3/66367
Works great Big Grin
Updated Manjaro KDE (1080Pinebook) preview3 on Wiki and Pine64 Installer
Added Manjaro  LXQT (1080Pinebook) preview3 on Wiki and Pine64 Installer
Added Manjaro KDE (Pinebook) preview3 on Wiki and Pine64 Installer
Added Manjaro  LXQT (Pinebook) preview3 on Wiki and Pine64 Installer
Hi.

If you face problems with the Wifi connection when on battery like me then you can try a parameter for the wifi driver config file 8723cs.conf.

The parameter will turn off wifi power management.
To add the parameter you have to open 8723cs.conf with an editor of your choice and use sudo to get system access rights.

e.g.
Quote:sudo notepadqq /etc/modprobe.d/8723cs.conf

Add rtw_power_mgnt=0 at the end of the one line in that config file. In the end it should look similar to this (the MAC address will be different)

Quote:options 8723cs rtw_initmac=00:ba:ch:16:85:46 rtw_power_mgnt=0

Then save and reboot.

Since I used this change connection did not drop once.

Please test and reply if it works for you.
Also it would be interesting to know if you experience any difference in battery life when the wifi power management is turned off. So far I have not noticed a difference but there might be other experiences.
This has been the smoothest build I've tested (over KDE, DietPi, & Armbian) but I haven't managed to get HDMI output. Has anyone on here gotten it working? Any advice appreciated! In Monitor Settings my monitor is detected on HDMI-1, but I can't get it to actually display.
I installed manjaro arm KDE preview 3 on my pinebook from sd to 64 gb emmc using ethernet usb dongle.

Goes ok.

Using chromium without tweaks instead firefox goes very very good! :-P

A sample video test here

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g9t2_SmGUnU
Official release of Manjaro 18.12 for Pinebook. Works on both regular and 1080p Pinebooks.

erchache2000 please edit your first post so that it points to the official releases rather than the preview images, thank you!
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9