PINE64

Full Version: Feature Complete Debian Desktop Release
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16
I don't think the problem with the firmware-blob was that missing /

In your github-tree (https://github.com/mrfixit2001/rockchip-...4/firmware) there is no firmware/rockchip/dptx.bin file. You'll need this on compile time to embed it into the kernel image.

Keep on the good work!
I love it! congrats it's pretty neat.

Fan is working great through ats.

My only problem is that I have no sound coming out from the jack. what should I do ?
(03-20-2019, 04:12 AM)blitzfr Wrote: [ -> ]I love it! congrats it's pretty neat.

Fan is working great through ats.

My only problem is that I have no sound coming out from the jack. what should I do ?

You should be able to set the output from pulseaudio - tested, so I know this works on current image Smile
My bad. I did try again with Pulseaudio and it work!
Fantastic! Can't wait to order my Pinebook Pro!!! Keep up the good work guys!  Big Grin
(03-19-2019, 07:53 AM)Mrfixit2001 Wrote: [ -> ]I will be including RAID drivers in the kernel for the next releases.
I will also be including NFSD driver in the kernel for the next release

That's great MrFixit! I'll be awaiting the next release then Smile

Also, while I'm asking, is overlay2 supported by this kernel? I'd like to try to set up some docker container instances on the machine.

Again, thanks for all the help and the great release so far!
Since so many people have no reached out asking about getting KODI to work properly on the image ... should we include KODI in the next image too? Or should we just try to put together a script (or .deb file) for installing it instead? There is a balance to be struck between what the community wants and a bloated image with all sorts of guff.
Considering how feature incomplete the img is, I would think adding a repository for all the custom packages would be the best solution.
(03-20-2019, 04:12 PM)Luke Wrote: [ -> ]Since so many people have no reached out asking about getting KODI to work properly on the image ... should we include KODI in the next image too? Or should we just try to put together a script (or .deb file) for installing it instead? There is a balance to be struck between what the community wants and a bloated image with all sorts of guff.

Thanks for asking the community for their opinion on this matter Smile

Although I'm actually planning on installing KODI when I use this image, I would say a separate script for installing it (or as suggested by elatllat, putting it in a separate repository with other software packages customized for the rockpro64 might be even better?) is still better than including it in the image itself. I think keeping the image nice and slim is a good objective. I can imagine the users of this image will mostly use it as an actual desktop and therefore don't need KODI, but would rather use a 'normal' media/video player (VLC, perhaps?).
(03-20-2019, 04:12 PM)Luke Wrote: [ -> ]Since so many people have no reached out asking about getting KODI to work properly on the image ... should we include KODI in the next image too? Or should we just try to put together a script (or .deb file) for installing it instead? There is a balance to be struck between what the community wants and a bloated image with all sorts of guff.
Thank you so much for asking our opinion.
I want to try Kodi. ".deb" may be a good option. I tried other media players. It's not fluent like Libreelec.
Also a good option for Kodi Netfilix. many Android boxes cannot display Netfilix 1080p.
I don't want to use Android, it's too tiring for desktop use
For my daily use, I need: Spotify and not stutter media player

I am sorry for my English...
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16