PINE64

Full Version: PINEBOOK USB PORTS too SHort?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Team,

I'm not new to PS's laptops or FOSS.

The idea of the Pinebook is awesome, the Pinebook Pro could be a game changer for many folks.

I have had my Pine book for more than a few weeks, but scheduling, holidays and life started to crowd out some other projects so I "queued it up" and have reached the point where I want to start writing on it.

Unfortunately I spend my daily hours in a hospital with stooped amounts of WIFI security, so far I cant get the Pinebook on the guest network, which Im ok with.

After all that's why God created USB memory keys right?

Sneaker-net!

Imagine my surprise when The USB key wouldn't go in less than 1/8 of an inch. Unsurprisingly the PB wont read it.

Tried 3 different keys, same thing. This started on the RIGHT port, because of AC, but one of them is pretty slim, so I moved it left.

same issue.

2 sandisk 32GB Duo's (USB(a) on one end Micro USB on th other) and a Sandisk Cruzer Glide 16GB

nothing really notable abouyt any of them

any ideas?

Im sure I haven't pushed them in as hard as I coiuld but just didn't think much more force should be needed.

Thanks
j
ok, I determined to try some more "energy" and a little sense.

The keys would go in a small way. but no further. Upon close examination I couldn't see ANYTHING in the port, but when I was watching it while inserting the key I noticed a slight movement in the 'port'

so I decided to use the key to press down slightly as I went in and voila, full insertion, then when I booted both keys were found just as I wanted!

ive just never seen one o tight and slightly out of line....