PINE64

Full Version: Armbian Bionic 4.19.y
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
The "supported" release of Armbian for the soPine works great on the baseboard - but on the released version networking doesn't work with it on the clusterboard.  Once you fix networking it appears that this release is pretty solid.  Only problem that remains is the hand-on-reboot.  That one is puzzling to me...

It doesn't look like the fixes upstreamed by made it into the "next" release...

You can fix the DTB and get it to work as follows (thanks to and Xalius) but you have to "freeze" armbian kernel/firmware updates or it will get over-written by apt when updating (use armbian-config to free the updates).

(02-17-2018, 05:30 PM)aww Wrote: [ -> ]With Xalius's help I was able to get networking working with a mainline kernel on the Arch Build. You need to adjust the network delay for the nic:

Quote:<Xalius> if you go to /boot/dtbs/allwinner
<Xalius> there is a sun50i-a64-sopine-baseboard.dtb
<Xalius> you can convert it back to text with 
<Xalius> dtc -I dtb -O dts -o mystuff.dts sun50i-a64-sopine-baseboard.dtb
<Xalius> then
<Xalius> edit 
<Xalius> nano mystuff.dts
<Xalius> and convert it back to binary
<Xalius>  dtc -I dts -O dtb -o sun50i-a64-sopine-baseboard.dtb mystuff.dts

The fields to add are: 

Quote:<Xalius> allwinner,tx-delay-ps = <500>;

<Xalius> allwinner,rx-delay-ps = <500>

And here is a pastebin of where to add it, with it added. 

https://pastebin.com/dU1ai6Xt

After that reboot! And networking should now work with the mainline kernel, I am also going to see if there is a way to get this into future builds so you don't even have to think about it.

I presume the "better" fix previously upstreamed by should fix it too.
The reboot issue is frustrating me too..