PINE64

Full Version: FOSDEM 19 Announcements Discussion
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22
(02-10-2019, 09:23 AM)voegelit Wrote: [ -> ]What's the chance to get some different keyboard layouts? The main problem I have with the current pinebook is, that I'm used to the swiss-german layout. I can work with standard uk english keyboards, because it has the same key layout, just different marking on the keys. As long as you know where which key is it's fine. But the us layout is missing some important keys.

The chance of having many different keyboard options is very very slim. We may get a different layout to the one on the current prototype, or stick to the one pictured, or perhaps have one more in the future ... if the opportunity for a different keyboard layout arises.
If we'll have a choice (again, this isn't a given) I may get a poll up on the forum and see which layout most people prefer.

The simple truth is that  retooling the keyboard is very expensive ($~100k) and having multiple SKUs isn't practical or easy. We'll see.
For now, assume that the picture keyboard is the only one that the PB Pro will ship with.
So, the PineBook Pro will support 4x PCIe lanes right?
If so, is it possible to have some kind of dual port adapter, so one can have 2 M.2 slots?
I would love to have an SSD in one slot, and a Innodisk M.2 GPU in another slot(to aid in compute, and decoding operations, would be nice), or instead, have an SSD and an LTE card. Is this possible?
Each slot could have 2x PCIe lanes...
Quote:So, the PineBook Pro will support 4x PCIe lanes right?

PCIe is only used for the NVMe drive adapter
(02-10-2019, 04:10 PM)mzs.112000 Wrote: [ -> ]So, the PineBook Pro will support 4x PCIe lanes right?
If so, is it possible to have some kind of dual port adapter, so one can have 2 M.2 slots?
I would love to have an SSD in one slot, and a Innodisk M.2 GPU in another slot(to aid in compute, and decoding operations, would be nice), or instead, have an SSD and an LTE card. Is this possible?

The 4x PCIe cannot be simply split into dual ports, I also wish this is possible.
(01-30-2019, 08:28 AM)Luke Wrote: [ -> ]
(01-30-2019, 08:15 AM)jbk Wrote: [ -> ]The new Pinebook looks fantastic - congratulations. Hope  you can keep up with demand once you start taking orders Smile

I'll make sure to take more pictures of the Pinebook Pro at FOSDEM. Regarding demand, lets see if people put their money where their mouth is. People have been asking for a  Pinebook Pro for over a year now, declaring that they will buy it 'day one'. Lets hope they do Smile

I have $200 reserved, and will be checking the BTO twice daily  =)
I too will buy a "Pro" and a PineTab as soon as they are available.

Thank You!!!

8>D
(02-10-2019, 10:57 PM)tllim Wrote: [ -> ]
(02-10-2019, 04:10 PM)mzs.112000 Wrote: [ -> ]So, the PineBook Pro will support 4x PCIe lanes right?

The 4x PCIe cannot be simply split into dual ports, I also wish this is possible.

So there is no way to convert a single M.2 connector into dual M.2 connectors?
What would you do, add an SSD or a LTE card? Also, I wonder if I found a 15" eDP panel, would one be able to cut out the screen bezels and install a 15" screen?
I've updated the the blog ...
For the PinePhone LTE module, have you determined which variant will be used in the US/North American model yet? If possible I'd like to see the EC25-AF variant used because it supports band 71 which is important for getting full access to T-Mobile US's LTE network (there are large areas of their network that only have service on band 71). That variant also apparently supports Verizon's LTE network (which the -A variant does not) which would significantly increase the potential customer base for the device (as Verizon is the largest carrier in the US). Thanks Smile
(02-12-2019, 03:34 PM)Mr.Radar Wrote: [ -> ]For the PinePhone LTE module, have you determined which variant will be used in the US/North American model yet? If possible I'd like to see the EC25-AF variant used because it supports band 71 which is important for getting full access to T-Mobile US's LTE network (there are large areas of their network that only have service on band 71). That variant also apparently supports Verizon's LTE network (which the -A variant does not) which would significantly increase the potential customer base for the device (as Verizon is the largest carrier in the US). Thanks Smile

Thanks for the useful info, will explore with Quectel on the EC25-AF variant. If the cost price same as EC25-A, for sure will consider EC25-AF.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22