PINE64

Full Version: rockpro 64 upgrading OMV
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
built my new Rockpro64 NAS recently and setup OMV using Ayufan's 0.7.9: ggitlab-ci-linux-build-67 latest stable release.. the system works flawlessly with all my requirements

my question is, if I am to upgrade to the next release (pre release/stable release) should I just run the command as specified by Ayufan on his page as shown below or am I missing something here..

sudo apt-get update -y
sudo apt-get install linux-rock64 -y
sudo apt-get install linux-rockpro64 -y

thanks in advance..
(01-03-2019, 04:11 AM)denver2020 Wrote: [ -> ]built my new Rockpro64 NAS recently and setup OMV using Ayufan's 0.7.9: ggitlab-ci-linux-build-67 latest stable release.. the system works flawlessly with all my requirements

my question is, if I am to upgrade to the next release (pre release/stable release) should I just run the command as specified by Ayufan on his page as shown below or am I missing something here..

sudo apt-get update -y

thanks in advance..

Since your use-case is NAS, then my advice is this - if it runs flawlessly, and all the things you want it to do work flawlessly, then don't update it.
(01-03-2019, 05:22 AM)Luke Wrote: [ -> ]
(01-03-2019, 04:11 AM)denver2020 Wrote: [ -> ]built my new Rockpro64 NAS recently and setup OMV using Ayufan's 0.7.9: ggitlab-ci-linux-build-67 latest stable release.. the system works flawlessly with all my requirements

sudo apt-get update -y

thanks in advance..

Since your use-case is NAS, then my advice is this - if it runs flawlessly, and all the things you want it to do work flawlessly, then don't update it.

thanks Luke,  that does make sense , I was only considering the option if the upgrade does bring better performance to existing setup based on release notes.. 

I did get a another response  from the OMV forum and would leave it below for anyone else interested.. just update via OMV UI . of course as Luke points out there could be unforseen risks in updating

thanks 

link

https://forum.openmediavault.org/index.p...post192001
(01-03-2019, 05:42 AM)denver2020 Wrote: [ -> ]
(01-03-2019, 05:22 AM)Luke Wrote: [ -> ]

sudo apt-get update -y

thanks in advance..

thanks Luke,  that does make sense , I was only considering the option if the upgrade does bring better performance to existing setup based on release notes.. 

I did get a another response  from the OMV forum and would leave it below for anyone else interested.. just update via OMV UI . of course as Luke points out there could be unforseen risks in updating

thanks 

link

https://forum.openmediavault.org/index.p...post192001

Yea, what tkaiser said. I generally update my setup  every few months. The one thing I had to do was switch to mainline due to some buffering issues in KODI players on 4.4 - never figured out the cause, but mainline resolved the issue for me.