PINE64

Full Version: Screen size issue
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
So I just loaded the new Remix OS to my board(Remix OS 2.0 Image Release 20160415 Beta). I had to wait on this version because the board I have is the 2gb one.

After loading the image up and ran the first boot. Looking at my tv i noticed the task bar at the bottom is half hidden and the icons are right up against the side of the tv. I adjust my tv aspect ratio to normal and wide and no change at all. Anyone else has this issue?
(04-20-2016, 01:47 PM)andku85 Wrote: [ -> ]So I just loaded the new Remix OS to my board(Remix OS 2.0 Image Release 20160415 Beta). I had to wait on this version because the board I have is the 2gb one.

After loading the image up and ran the first boot. Looking at my tv i noticed the task bar at the bottom is half hidden and the icons are right up against the side of the tv. I adjust my tv aspect ratio to normal and wide and no change at all. Anyone else has this issue?

Sounds like the overscan issue may not have been fixed...
(04-20-2016, 01:54 PM)Ghost Wrote: [ -> ]
(04-20-2016, 01:47 PM)andku85 Wrote: [ -> ]So I just loaded the new Remix OS to my board(Remix OS 2.0 Image Release 20160415 Beta). I had to wait on this version because the board I have is the 2gb one.

Do you know if this will be fixed in the next Remix OS update? This makes it a sort of uncomfortable to navigate.
(04-22-2016, 07:29 AM)pinea64.edison Wrote: [ -> ]

Do you know if this will be fixed in the next Remix OS update? This makes it a sort of uncomfortable to navigate.

This problem isn't native to the Pine: http://support.jide.com/hc/en-us/article...tial-setup-

Hopefully the next OTA will fix this issue. Will try the suggested solution and post if this fixes anything later.
(04-22-2016, 08:06 AM)crisra13 Wrote: [ -> ]

This problem isn't native to the Pine: http://support.jide.com/hc/en-us/article...tial-setup-

Hopefully the next OTA will fix this issue. Will try the suggested solution and post if this fixes anything later.

The Pine64 and Remix mini have same issues but different root cause. The Pine64 one is original work but broke due to new HDMI driver from Allwinner, Android team current work with Allwinner to reclaim back this function, once work, we will inform Remix team and also update on their site.
So is the problem currently both in Remix OS and Android?

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
(04-22-2016, 04:18 PM)tllim Wrote: [ -> ]

The Pine64 and Remix mini have same issues but different root cause. The Pine64 one is original work but broke due to new HDMI driver from Allwinner, Android team current work with Allwinner to reclaim back this function, once work, we will inform Remix team and also update on their site.

Will we have to flash an updated version to our SD cards or can we download it through OTA updates?
(04-24-2016, 12:00 AM)crisra13 Wrote: [ -> ]
(04-22-2016, 04:18 PM)tllim Wrote: [ -> ]
(04-20-2016, 01:54 PM)Ghost Wrote: [ -> ]Sounds like the overscan issue may not have been fixed...

Will we have to flash an updated version to our SD cards or can we download it through OTA updates?

If no fundamental change, should able to do OTA update on Remix. For Android, the new build will need to refresh due to planning on release a rooted version which cannot be proceed thru OTA.
Is there any chance that you could provide a configuration tool that allows the user to alter the overscan settings? This is how the Raspberry Pi works with Raspbian. Also, it should be possible to change the overscan settings using a boot configuration file. PINE64 needs to be a lot easier to use. It needs to be childsplay!