PINE64

Full Version: Does working *nix exist for Rock64?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hey guys
Does anyone have Rock64 board with *nix 100% working?
I bought 3 boards Rock64-4G and all of them does not seem to work
One is not able to read/write eMMC (and CPU becomes very hot) - I sent it back
Two others are very unstable. I've tried ayufan's Debian Stretch, Ubuntu Bionic and DietPi
All of them crash when doing intensive I/O together with intensive CPU load. No matter eMMC or external SSD drive
I believe problem lies in poor I/O bus programming in ayufan's code
Please let me know if anyone have completely working board
(12-28-2018, 06:11 AM)brox Wrote: [ -> ]Hey guys
Does anyone have Rock64 board with *nix 100% working?
I bought 3 boards Rock64-4G and all of them does not seem to work
One is not able to read/write eMMC (and CPU becomes very hot) - I sent it back
Two others are very unstable. I've tried ayufan's Debian Stretch, Ubuntu Bionic and DietPi
All of them crash when doing intensive I/O together with intensive CPU load. No matter eMMC or external SSD drive
I believe problem lies in poor I/O bus programming in ayufan's code
Please let me know if anyone have completely working board

I setup a rock64 with 4G of ram as a weather station using debian stretch on 0.5.15 kernel/build with 343days of uptime. I used heat sinks to reduce throttling as I turn webcam images into time lapse video every 30 minutes and that uses all cores during processing. It would be nice to have h264 hardware encoding working.
(12-28-2018, 06:39 PM)evilbunny Wrote: [ -> ]I setup a rock64 with 4G of ram as a weather station using debian stretch on 0.5.15 kernel/build with 343days of uptime. I used heat sinks to reduce throttling as I turn webcam images into time lapse video every 30 minutes and that uses all cores during processing. It would be nice to have h264 hardware encoding working.

Thanks, I have case with heatsink embedded, so this should not be a problem. Will try 0.5.15