PINE64

Full Version: Bad eMMC?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I received my new pinebook last week. I dd'ed a few different OS images to the 16gb eMMC module to test them out and such, but now trying to dd an image to the eMMC fails about 300MB in - it just hangs.

I already ordered a 64gb module to upgrade it, but I'm pretty disappointed if I managed to wear out the 16gb module within a week of receiving it. 

Did I just get a bad module in my pinebook? Should I put in a support ticket to ask for a replacement?
(11-19-2018, 08:36 AM)sundog Wrote: [ -> ]I received my new pinebook last week. I dd'ed a few different OS images to the 16gb eMMC module to test them out and such, but now trying to dd an image to the eMMC fails about 300MB in - it just hangs.

I already ordered a 64gb module to upgrade it, but I'm pretty disappointed if I managed to wear out the 16gb module within a week of receiving it. 

Did I just get a bad module in my pinebook? Should I put in a support ticket to ask for a replacement?

Please submit a ticket for bad eMMC module replacement.
(11-20-2018, 12:02 AM)tllim Wrote: [ -> ]
(11-19-2018, 08:36 AM)sundog Wrote: [ -> ]I received my new pinebook last week. I dd'ed a few different OS images to the 16gb eMMC module to test them out and such, but now trying to dd an image to the eMMC fails about 300MB in - it just hangs.

Please submit a ticket for bad eMMC module replacement.

Will do - thanks very much!