PINE64

Full Version: Boot from MicroSD
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
New owner here, received my Pinebook yesterday, I wanted to try some of the other OS options but can not seem to get anything to boot from the MicroSD slot.  I have tried Android 7, Xenial and Q4OS.  I have written them to the MicroSD card with Etcher, and with the Pine64 version of Etcher, I have used 3 different MicroSD cards, 32g or less, one is a high speed card, nothing seems to work.  I power the unit on, the green power light comes on, the screen stays black, nothing ever loads. If I take the MicroSD card out the unit boots fine to the pre-installed OS.  What am I doing wrong?
(11-16-2018, 11:36 AM)ramboton Wrote: [ -> ]New owner here, received my Pinebook yesterday, I wanted to try some of the other OS options but can not seem to get anything to boot from the MicroSD slot.  I have tried Android 7, Xenial and Q4OS.  I have written them to the MicroSD card with Etcher, and with the Pine64 version of Etcher, I have used 3 different MicroSD cards, 32g or less, one is a high speed card, nothing seems to work.  I power the unit on, the green power light comes on, the screen stays black, nothing ever loads. If I take the MicroSD card out the unit boots fine to the pre-installed OS.  What am I doing wrong?

Please make sure you flash OS images meant for the 1080p Pinebook.
(11-16-2018, 04:50 PM)Luke Wrote: [ -> ]
(11-16-2018, 11:36 AM)ramboton Wrote: [ -> ]New owner here, received my Pinebook yesterday, I wanted to try some of the other OS options but can not seem to get anything to boot from the MicroSD slot.  I have tried Android 7, Xenial and Q4OS.  I have written them to the MicroSD card with Etcher, and with the Pine64 version of Etcher, I have used 3 different MicroSD cards, 32g or less, one is a high speed card, nothing seems to work.  I power the unit on, the green power light comes on, the screen stays black, nothing ever loads. If I take the MicroSD card out the unit boots fine to the pre-installed OS.  What am I doing wrong?

Please make sure you flash OS images meant for the 1080p Pinebook.

That's it, I did not realize I had the 1080p version, Thank you for your help.
All available and upcoming OS' (that we know of)
https://forum.pine64.org/showthread.php?tid=6781