PINE64

Full Version: Android for 1080p Pinebook?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I was pleasantly surprised to receive my pinebook a few days ago in upgraded 1080p version. However the official Android for 768p Pinebook does not boot (yes, I waited over 5 minutes, just black screen).

Therefore, does anyone know when any Android for 1080p Pinebook will be released? When will the official one appear?

It's a wonderful low-cost linux laptop, but for consuming multimedia content (streaming services) Android would be much better.
(11-11-2018, 04:51 PM)Tomash Wrote: [ -> ]I was pleasantly surprised to receive my pinebook a few days ago in upgraded 1080p version. However the official Android for 768p Pinebook does not boot (yes, I waited over 5 minutes, just black screen).

Therefore, does anyone know when any Android for 1080p Pinebook will be released? When will the official one appear?

It's a wonderful low-cost linux laptop, but for consuming multimedia content (streaming services) Android would be much better.

I didn't keep a copy but mine came with android and it was horrible to use without a touch screen
(11-11-2018, 04:51 PM)Tomash Wrote: [ -> ]I was pleasantly surprised to receive my pinebook a few days ago in upgraded 1080p version. However the official Android for 768p Pinebook does not boot (yes, I waited over 5 minutes, just black screen).

I will upload the stock Android build on this week.
(11-13-2018, 01:40 PM)tllim Wrote: [ -> ]

I will upload the stock Android build on this week.

Horray! I look forward to trying it out!
Here is the Android 6 for 1080P Pinebook link: http://wiki.pine64.org/index.php/1080P_P...ndroid_6.0

The Android 8 build will be available on few weeks time.
(11-19-2018, 11:48 PM)tllim Wrote: [ -> ]Here is the Android 6 for 1080P Pinebook link: http://wiki.pine64.org/index.php/1080P_P...ndroid_6.0

The Android 8 build will be available on few weeks time.
So is there any update on the release of Android 8 on the PineBook 1080p?

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk