PINE64

Full Version: how do I boot to SD? (1080)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I replaced the eMMC and put in a SD card with a OS 'etched' to it. I can hold down the power button until I see the LCD backlight come on, but .. there's no bootup sequence. Am I missing something?
(11-07-2018, 08:56 PM)tedder Wrote: [ -> ]I replaced the eMMC and put in a SD card with a OS 'etched' to it. I can hold down the power button until I see the LCD backlight come on, but .. there's no bootup sequence. Am I missing something?

Which image did you flash?
Hello everyone, I have the same error symptom.

I have accidentally destroyed my partition table on the eMMc.

Now I wanted to add a new image to my Pinebook. I loaded it from here http://files.pine64.org/os/Pinebook/ubun...mmc.img.xz
and I copy it to a 16 GB ScanDisc micro SD card. Once with the Pine installer (v2.0.0-beta.3) and once written directly to the SD card via dd.

What I'm doing wrong?
I've been flashing AOSC for SD, build 20181016 for 1080. I just reflashed it to the SD, the startup behavior seems to be the same when the SD card is in versus when it isn't, which seems very strange.

FWIW, put the SD card in a Linux box to verify the image looks correct. It does- there are two partitions, the first partition has the files I'd expect to see:

Code:
-rwxr-xr-x 1 root root      226 Oct 16 02:21 boot.cmd
-rwxr-xr-x 1 root root      298 Oct 16 02:21 boot.scr
-rwxr-xr-x 1 root root    23609 Oct 16 02:21 dtb.dtb
-rwxr-xr-x 1 root root 17027584 Oct 16 02:21 Image
I solved my problem.

ok, it is strange for me.

I only use other micro SD Card. With "Samsung Evo plus 32 GB" all Images boot and i can install them.
Still waiting, Luke, with a useless Pinebook :/
(11-08-2018, 03:53 AM)Luke Wrote: [ -> ]
(11-07-2018, 08:56 PM)tedder Wrote: [ -> ]I replaced the eMMC and put in a SD card with a OS 'etched' to it. I can hold down the power button until I see the LCD backlight come on, but .. there's no bootup sequence. Am I missing something?

Which image did you flash?

okay, AOSC-SD build 20181016 doesn't boot up.

KDE 20181104 SD *does* boot.

I suspect the prerelease AOSC and armbians will work, but I'm going to hold off 'til they drop Smile
Just a feedback.
I have put the latest Archlinux Xfce (04/11) on a SD card and it boots fine.