PINE64

Full Version: Is there a guide somewhere how to upgrade Ubuntu on Pinebook?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pinebook I bought not so recently has Xenial pre-installed. It is all working relatively well, but now I would like to upgrade it to the latest LTS Ubuntu (Bionic Beaver) and I need some guide to follow (if it exists)...

Alternatively, could someone refer to a Fedora installer for Pinebook (as I am predominantly RH/AL/CentOS/Fedora user)...
Just update your sources.list and do run sudo apt update and sudo apt dist-upgrade and you are done.
Or get one of the new 18.04 releases from ayufan without updating the sources Smile you could try, I guess, also update using ayufan's scripts ?
(11-01-2018, 03:17 PM)Wizzard Wrote: [ -> ]Just update your sources.list and do run sudo apt update and sudo apt dist-upgrade and you are done.

Update to what? What needs to be modified there?
(11-14-2018, 06:58 AM)dejan Wrote: [ -> ]
(11-01-2018, 03:17 PM)Wizzard Wrote: [ -> ]Just update your sources.list and do run sudo apt update and sudo apt dist-upgrade and you are done.

Update to what? What needs to be modified there?

Let's say you have Xenial installed. So edit your sources.list and replace every "xenial" by "cosmic" for example. Then you may just upgrade the usual way and you should be upgraded to Cosmic.
When i tried to do this it would not let me change the file (save) as i did not have permission. How do i fix this?

ok i fixed it. When opening the apt file i right clicked and opened as admin then opened the source file with Pluma made the change and saved. I am now downloading the upgrade i think will know soon.

Thanks for asking the question
(11-15-2018, 08:18 PM)icemeister Wrote: [ -> ]When i tried to do this it would not let me change the file (save) as i did not have permission. How do i fix this?

sudo nano sources.list
i was able to update source file. I was not able to update or upgrade system i got a bunch of 404s and 1700+ not updated and i tried this sudo update code several times. when done i did a inix find and i was still usingĀ  xenial 16.04.
not much works on this new install lost the welcome page it comes up blank. I might just reinstall again and see what happens.
Still looking for an sd card download of bionic or cosmic to emmc to install.
Thanks i am learning and having fun