PINE64

Full Version: RockPro64 Features/options working/not working
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hey all,

I am trying to put together a list of features/options that are working/not working between Linux (Bionic 18.04) and Android (7.1.2). I would also like to provide info on how to test/verify each.

Ideally I would like to turn this into a wiki page but would like to gather info first.

Sadly it looks like there is no support for BB tables or any other ones. Sad This is the best I can do to start until I get this on the wiki.

[Image: HIXBEHX.png]
I cant add too much as I do not have too much plugged in.

All my comments are Linux (if applicable) - have never booted Android on mine.

HDMI audio - fine with 0.7.9 Ayufan release and say kernel 4.4.138-1100 so the hardware is fine, other releases/kernel versions are less reliable!

3.5mm audio - yet to hear mine under any config. There was 1 report of it working but the author has yet to explain how. 

My minimal test of the USB-C host was fine: plugged in a dongle/splitter gadget and could run a few USB 2 bits OK. Frank Mankel has done more throughput tests - would guess that includes the USB3 options but haven't checked.

The PCIe needs a book! For starters NVMe/SSD cards seem to be a no brainer - I have 2 different models, neither of which is Pine64, and have never missed a beat. I think there have been 1 or 2 hiccups with the Pine64 SATA card but cant find an immediate link - may well have been user specific rather than general. There are a couple of threads on broader PCIe cards - very few are a raging/unqualified success. e.g. here.

MIPI CAM is alleged to work under Android as per here  - haven't seen a report of it actually working though
I will add this table to the wiki once I get access to the wiki. I need to wait a day or so until I can do that. Smile
(10-19-2018, 12:48 PM)lavermil Wrote: [ -> ]I will add this table to the wiki once I get access to the wiki. I need to wait a day or so until I can do that. Smile

... or just one more post Smile
(10-19-2018, 04:04 PM)Luke Wrote: [ -> ]
(10-19-2018, 12:48 PM)lavermil Wrote: [ -> ]I will add this table to the wiki once I get access to the wiki. I need to wait a day or so until I can do that. Smile

... or just one more post Smile

True True. Wait this is that post! HA!  Wink
Hello,

sound via 3.5mm Jack was working on minimal debian strech by ayufan.
I tested it , out of the box.

It was in a version around August, maybe the first one, it was there that I started fanctl( now ats )..

If I connect hdmi sound, jack doesn't work, and if I connect jack, hdmi sound doesn't work..
But I think at that time( ~3 months ago.. ), if I booted up without jack connected I wasn't able to have sound via 3.5mm jack..
Something like that..

In the bionic version, I have no jack sound, even rebooting with jack connected..only via hdmi..
But suspend works nice, on display, and sound..at least it seems..
(10-21-2018, 10:05 PM)tuxd3v Wrote: [ -> ]Hello,

It was in a version around August, maybe the first one, it was there that I started fanctl( now ats )..

If I connect hdmi sound, jack doesn't work, and if I connect jack, hdmi sound doesn't work..
But I think at that time( ~3 months ago.. ), if I booted up without jack connected I wasn't able to have sound via 3.5mm jack..
Something like that..

In the bionic version, I have no jack sound, even rebooting with jack connected..only via hdmi..

I will have to look at stretch.

Bionic OOB it doesn't work. In fact I only got sounds on hdmi to work on one install but cannot get it to work again on a new install. Sad
(10-21-2018, 10:05 PM)tuxd3v Wrote: [ -> ]Hello,

Something like that..

I just realized what you mentioned. 

Quote:it was there that I started fanctl( now ats )..

Where is the source for ats?
(10-22-2018, 08:16 PM)lavermil Wrote: [ -> ]Where is the source for ats?

Hello lavermil,

The source is here:

Code:
https://github.com/tuxd3v/ats

regards
tuxd3v,

Thx

All,

I have added the table to the wiki of the RockPro64 MainPage. If anyone feels it is not best where I placed it, please update this forum with its new location.

http://wiki.pine64.org/index.php/ROCKPro...g_Features