PINE64

Full Version: No WiFi
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello,

I have plugged in the optional WiFi/BT module but no joy. It is completely ignored by the system (Ubuntu Bionic from http://wiki.pine64.org/index.php/ROCKPro....04_Bionic):

Code:
uname -a
Linux rockpro64 4.4.132-1075-rockchip-ayufan-ga83beded8524 #1 SMP Thu Jul 26 08:22:22 UTC 2018 aarch64 aarch64 aarch64 GNU/Linux

networkctl
IDX LINK             TYPE               OPERATIONAL SETUP     
  1 lo               loopback           carrier     unmanaged 
  2 eth0             ether              routable    configured

sudo lshw -c network
  *-network                 
       description: Ethernet interface
       physical id: 7
       logical name: eth0
       serial: 32:cb:11:5d:df:5e
       size: 100Mbit/s
       capacity: 1Gbit/s
       capabilities: ethernet physical tp aui bnc mii fibre 10bt 10bt-fd 100bt 100bt-fd 1000bt-fd autonegotiation
       configuration: autonegotiation=on broadcast=yes driver=st_gmac driverversion=March_2013 duplex=full ip=192.168.1.34 link=yes multicast=yes port=MII speed=100Mbit/

Can you please advise?

Brgds, Edouard.
The BT/wifi module is currently disabled in Linux because it conflicts with PCIe. This problem will eventually be fixed and will find its way into ayufan's images.
conflict from PCI-E directly or only from booting from PCI-E NVMe devices?
When using the image 0.7.7-1057 booting from eMMC and the kernel to version 4.4.132-1068 will work?
(with PCI-E SATA-II adapter and BT/Wi-Fi module, without NVMe devices and without booting from PCI-E devices)
because sdio0 was disabled starting with the version of the kernel 4.4.132-1070
i had ubuntu running on the pinebook pro last night, but i mada a mistake and deleted the emmc content on the emmc disc. now i can only boot ubuntu from the micro sd card. It will boot the os, but importent things like the network device is gone "network device not available" How can i restore the network device? I am kinda stuck and cant move forward. Please let me know what i should do?