PINE64

Full Version: Copper cooler for Rockpro64
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
[attachment=1228][attachment=1228]
Found this copper cooler on ebay. Fits nicely except the area around the WIFI/Bluetooth card attaches so had to bend the fins a little bit. But all in all a nice passive cooler. it does have a fan that comes with it but would need connection modification. Just wanted to share this.
Pretty cool. Looks like an old GPU heatsink.
Is eMMC from ODROID supported?
I believe so, that's where I got my RockPro64. I like the board but the OS is still young.
Got myself a larger heatsink which works well. Stock Pine64 30mm job weighs 62g, this thing weighs 110g so should be useful. Running cpuminer as a benchmark indicates it is: stock 30mm at 2GHz was reaching 80C after about 15 minutes and throttling, this new sink seems to be able to keep under 80C (ambient 23C) indefinitely and running RockPro at 2.1/1.5GHz.

Had to mount it on the long axis of the board to prevent interference with the PCIe card. Available all over Fleabay - I happened to get mine from this vendor with no problems.
(09-29-2018, 09:01 AM)dukla2000 Wrote: [ -> ]Got myself a larger heatsink which works well. Stock Pine64 30mm job weighs 62g, this thing weighs 110g so should be useful. Running cpuminer as a benchmark indicates it is: stock 30mm at 2GHz was reaching 80C after about 15 minutes and throttling, this new sink seems to be able to keep under 80C (ambient 23C) indefinitely and running RockPro at 2.1/1.5GHz.

Had to mount it on the long axis of the board to prevent interference with the PCIe card. Available all over Fleabay - I happened to get mine from this vendor with no problems.

Damn, thats nice...
(09-29-2018, 09:01 AM)dukla2000 Wrote: [ -> ]Got myself a larger heatsink which works well. Stock Pine64 30mm job weighs 62g, this thing weighs 110g so should be useful. Running cpuminer as a benchmark indicates it is: stock 30mm at 2GHz was reaching 80C after about 15 minutes and throttling, this new sink seems to be able to keep under 80C (ambient 23C) indefinitely and running RockPro at 2.1/1.5GHz.

Very nice. Wonder if it's to big to work with the NAS case?
(09-29-2018, 01:40 PM)Takenover83 Wrote: [ -> ]Very nice. Wonder if it's to big to work with the NAS case?

With 3.5" drives there has got to be no chance. With 2.5" dunno - the tips of the heatpipes are about 115mm above the PCB.
(09-29-2018, 02:34 PM)dukla2000 Wrote: [ -> ]
(09-29-2018, 01:40 PM)Takenover83 Wrote: [ -> ]Very nice. Wonder if it's to big to work with the NAS case?

With 3.5" drives there has got to be no chance. With 2.5" dunno - the tips of the heatpipes are about 115mm above the PCB.

My guess should be OK with 2.5"" due to the installation may not block the heatsink placement.

What base is the board secured to? I'm assuming it's a tiered / stack-able platform?
Pages: 1 2