PINE64

Full Version: Extremely disappointed
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
So I ordered one of these "awesome" boards. They really do look kickass. But unfortunately, they're being sold by completely irresponsible people.

First, the order processing took well over a week. Then, the tracking number stayed invalid until I got an email from DHL asking me to .... pay some more.

Now my package is stuck because DHL's site is horrible and I cannot login to pay, nor were these extra fees ever mentionned anywhere.

I think this is called extortion.

BUYER BEWARE. This is now in the hands of paypal for a full refund. If I'm ever able to buy this through a responsible company/reseller, I might give it another shot.

Right now it just feels like I was scammed.
(09-13-2018, 07:30 AM)WhatGives Wrote: [ -> ]So I ordered one of these "awesome" boards. They really do look kickass. But unfortunately, they're being sold by completely irresponsible people.

First, the order processing took well over a week. Then, the tracking number stayed invalid until I got an email from DHL asking me to .... pay some more.

Now my package is stuck because DHL's site is horrible and I cannot login to pay, nor were these extra fees ever mentionned anywhere.

BUYER BEWARE. This is now in the hands of paypal for a full refund. If I'm ever able to buy this through a responsible company/reseller, I might give it another shot.

In general I just approve these post (which are few and far between) and let them hang without an answer. But I feel inclined to respond to this:

1) Not sure which 'kickass' board you are referring to exactly (you didn't care to specify), but most boards are shipped in batches. This is indicated on the main page. For instance, currently the page states :
Quote:           Note: PINE64 next shipment date will be on September 21st, 2018.Ship from Shenzhen China.

So potentially you had to wait a week for the next batch to go out.

2) Although some countries require import tax to be paid on the boards the majority do not. I have never had to pay tax on a board from China or elsewhere for that matter and I get plenty of them. I believe this is largely true for the grand majority of people in the EU and US; I cannot speak for elsewhere.

As for the rest of your post, seems to me like you're not happy with DHL -- so why not take it up with them? I even agree with you - their page is awful, so what?

3) As for you "feeling scammed" - by definition, a scam is "a dishonest scheme; a fraud" - and what you've experienced is neither. You paid for goods and they were shipped to you.

You may 'feel' however you wish about the situation given that feelings are a "subject of qualia" ~ Vincent Hendricks, (2005), Investigating heuristics and formal logic
I can partially agree with the topic starter.
My Pinebook order was shipped to Germany. Probably by mistake the logistics marked that shipment as for commercial entity. Then the customs placed it on hold and requested an EORI number to complete clearance. But only companies and entrepreneurs have such number. No individuals have EORI (I asked more than 10 persons). Getting things worse, Pine64 contact stated that if I don't provide EORI, the parcel will be returned and I'll be charged 15% penalty and delivery cost will not be refunded. It looks like an intimidation.
So I can't even pay extra taxes and get my order. I can only loose my money and receive nothing.
I agree, BUYERS BEWARE.
(09-13-2018, 07:30 AM)WhatGives Wrote: [ -> ]So I ordered one of these "awesome" boards. They really do look kickass. But unfortunately, they're being sold by completely irresponsible people.

paying more is actually due to customs fees. this is perfectly normal and not the fault of pine64 as your country controls that.
Well... country taxes/custom fees is one thing... Carrier fees is another one.
VAT is a normal thing to pay, unilaterally decided carriers fee is different. Post office delivery is fine, going through carriers is not, as far as I'm aware of it.
What about the case I described? No way to pay taxes, just delivery impossible and I loose my money.