PINE64

Full Version: SOPINE MAC Address
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi,

I have bought several SOPINEs and SOPINE Boards as well as the SOPINE cluster board. I have installed the Ubuntu Mate on one SD card and copy it to others. It seems that that the SOPINE boards all have the same hardware Mac Address and this causes some other issues. Any thoughts on how should I deal with this? Thank you.

Best,
H.
(07-19-2018, 03:40 AM)htg20@yahoo.com Wrote: [ -> ]Hi,

I have bought several SOPINEs and SOPINE Boards as well as the SOPINE cluster board. I have installed the Ubuntu Mate on one SD card and copy it to others. It seems that that the SOPINE boards all have the same hardware Mac Address and this causes some other issues. Any thoughts on how should I deal with this? Thank you.

Best,
H.

Unless you clone the microSD card, then the mac address becomes identical. You can edit the boot/uEnx.txt and manually reassign. Some OS build, using CPUid as mac address and some OS build randomly assign one at first boot.
Thank you. I had some other problems and I switched to Arch Linux and that MAC address is gone. Eventually I switched again to Armbian which seems to be the most stable.