PINE64

Full Version: IRC channel?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
I see that there's a pine64 channel on freenode, but myself and 1 other person are the only ones there.  Is there an official IRC channel?  My nick is wmat, fwiw.  2GB board, haven't got it to boot yet.
To answer myself, it would appear #linux-sunxi on freenode is the place.
Hello Peeps

Do have an IRC channel ? if not - do we want one? This way some questions can be answered quicker ...  
I will be happy to host one if there is a demand for it (could even have it up and running in 1-2 days).

Cheers ! Smile
(04-24-2016, 12:16 PM)Luke Wrote: [ -> ]Hello Peeps

Do have an IRC channel ? if not - do we want one? This way some questions can be answered quicker ...  
I will be happy to host one if there is a demand for it (could even have it up and running in 1-2 days).

Cheers ! Smile

Thanks on the suggestion. Once you setup, I will join in.
(04-25-2016, 12:51 AM)tllim Wrote: [ -> ]
(04-24-2016, 12:16 PM)Luke Wrote: [ -> ]Hello Peeps

Cheers ! Smile

Thanks on the suggestion. Once you setup, I will join in.

good stuff Smile Should have it set up soon.
so did this ever happen? is there an IRC channel? on which server (Freenode, i assume?) and what is the channel name, please?

i think a Slack channel would also be good. i could set one up, if anyone wishes.

best,

— faddah
portland, oregon, u.s.a.
(04-25-2016, 05:32 PM)faddah Wrote: [ -> ]so did this ever happen? is there an IRC channel? on which server (Freenode, i assume?) and what is the channel name, please?

i think a Slack channel would also be good. i could set one up, if anyone wishes.

best,

—  faddah
    portland, oregon, u.s.a.

It's "happening". I figured it would be just the right thing to have a server on the Pine - so I made one today. But I ran into some problems and in result it isn't up yet.  The irc server should be up and running tomorrow evening UK time. The server is pine64.no-ip.info -- it will take you directly to the main channel. Seeing as you seem much more experienced then I am with irc I would be glad if you'd help me test the server tomorrow (I will be back from work 5pm GMT).
There has been one on freenode for a while. Its been talked about in the forum.
(04-26-2016, 05:57 AM)rahlquist Wrote: [ -> ]There has been one on freenode for a while. Its been talked about in the forum.

Didnt know about it - this is the first time I hear about it. Are people hanging out ? Anyway, pine64.no-ip.info is up now; feel free to join. I will make updates to the server it in the coming days, so it may be down for some hrs during the week. It should be running smoothly after.
I've set up a community IRC: pine64.no-ip.info
If many ppl join then I will maintain it

[I may add that its running on a Pine64 ;Wink ]
Pages: 1 2 3