PINE64

Full Version: bionic lxde 0.6.xx was not getting audio/sound
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I had no audio/sound with bionic-lxde images, I tried pre-release 0.6.55 so went to release 0.6.44 but had same problem. I tried google but not find answer, so google more to learn about ALSA and pulseaudio, seems problem with pulseaudio default sink, and I created following file and now can get audio.
If you get no audio, give this a try.

rock64@rock64:~$ cat ~/.config/pulse/default.pa
.include /etc/pulse/default.pa
set-default-sink alsa_output.platform-hdmi-sound.stereo-fallback

rock64@rock64:~$
Good advice. In the modern day, the majority of sound problems I've had under Linux (and not just on the Rock64) have been due to PulseAudio being used rather than ALSA. It'll be nice when pulse can finally die out. Smile
(06-20-2018, 12:25 AM)jose_s_c Wrote: [ -> ]I had no audio/sound with bionic-lxde images, I tried pre-release 0.6.55 so went to release 0.6.44 but had same problem. I tried google but not find answer, so google more to learn about ALSA and pulseaudio, seems problem with pulseaudio default sink, and I created following file and now can get audio.
If you get no audio, give this a try.

rock64@rock64:~$ cat ~/.config/pulse/default.pa
.include /etc/pulse/default.pa
set-default-sink alsa_output.platform-hdmi-sound.stereo-fallback

rock64@rock64:~$

Thank you Jose! I wasn't getting audio in Ubuntu bionic lxde either through HDMI or the 3.5 jack. modifying /etc/pulse/default.pa to add that set-default-sink line at the end solved my problem!