PINE64

Full Version: Ethernet Slow Download
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
(07-10-2016, 08:47 AM)AVL2016 Wrote: [ -> ]Unfortunately that was one of the steps I took after installing. Confirmed by running it again this morning.

Checking for update ...
You are already on the latest version - no update required.
Same here, still only works when I lower speed to 100. I also tried half duplex, no difference.

I also tried the longest cable I had on hand which was about 15 meters, but that didn't help. Probably sounds counterintuitive, but back in the day I had an Intel motherboard that got slow speed unless you used a really long cable.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk
(07-10-2016, 10:40 AM)cdslashetc Wrote: [ -> ]
(07-10-2016, 08:47 AM)AVL2016 Wrote: [ -> ]Unfortunately that was one of the steps I took after installing. Confirmed by running it again this morning.

Checking for update ...
You are already on the latest version - no update required.
Same here, still only works when I lower speed to 100. I also tried half duplex, no difference.

I also tried the longest cable I had on hand which was about 15 meters, but that didn't help. Probably sounds counterintuitive, but back in the day I had an Intel motherboard that got slow speed unless you used a really long cable.

Just ran the uboot update, rebooted. Still has issues when I try to run gigabit ethernet on my 2GB PINE64 with Ubuntu. Wonder if this will ever get fixed?
I have 2 Pine A64's 2GB models and have used 2 different routers, neither have Ethernet issues.
what routers are you guys using?  Maybe we can pinpoint the chip set that is causing issues.
I have the PINE64 connected to a Linksys EG005W Gigabit switch (along with a desktop computer which is fine in Gigabit mode), which goes down to a JGS524 Netgear router in the wiring closet. Behind that is an ASUS TM-AC1900 T-Mobile router running firmware 3.0.0.4.376_3169 and behind that is an ActionTEC MI424WR FiOS router running in bridge mode.

I'm going to try swapping out the Linksys to see if there is any difference.

UPDATE 1: Nope. It's not the Linksys. Will try the Netgear now.

UPDATE 2: Nope, it's not the Netgear either. Seems odd that it would be something further down the line. I can't even connect to it inside my own network if it's in gigabit mode, and I'm even on the same local switch. Seems to be an issue with the PINE64 itself. I'm open to any other suggestions as to what to try. I also tried several different cables.
I've got all 4 of my Pine's connected to TP-LINK Gigabit Desktop Switch (TL-SG108). No router involved. Have to pin all pines to 100 in order to get reliable speeds.
2 questions here:

1- Has anyone confirmed using a dumb DC supply of more than 2.5A?
I noted a couple of people using 2.5 and 3.5 units but I couldn't tell if they were pure DC units with no Smart USB features...

2- On the newbie and Startup page there is the 6 reasons your Pine won't boot... The OP mentions:
"2GB boards suffer from crashing or rebooting loops when Ethernet is connected since there's a integer overflow present in older kernel variants. Fixed by longsleep in early April, so Linux images can be updated using the instructions from "Linux Development" forum"
Isn't Android a variant of Linux, or has it been changed so much to become Android that it's too different for the ínstructions'mentioned above to work? The fact that I have to ask will tell you if I could carry out the instructions for myself... Newbie here...

Setup:

5X A64-DB-2G-Rev B dated 2016-03-21 with Pine supplied 16GB SD cards. All 5 Pines are attached to Pine supplied power adapters, USB keyboards, Cat 5E ethernet (home made cables 10-15m long - tested and used with other devices for years with no faults) to a Gigabit unmanaged switch, HDMI to TVs/Projector. All are currently running the Android 5.1.1 dd build quite nicely, save for virtually no network access interspersed with random bursts of acceptable network access. I have had one Pine work for most of a day then stop - I don't know why or what I did!

Thanks for the help!
How are you guys testing your performance? I am using TVHeadend as a PVR and it works on both Pine A64 units while I am watching tv(which also goes through the unit) on another tv as all of this originates from a HD Homerun with 2 tuners.
I can do this while streaming music through plex, so Im sure they are working on my end.

I'd like to run the same commands you two are running against my box for testing. What are you using?

utdrmac are you using Android as well like Summons is?
Im using Longsleep's Ubuntu image
With the one board that's not working it's pretty obvious, first noticed with just apt-get reporting transfer speeds in only a few kB/s while the other boards were in MB/s with update or upgrade.

With speedtest-cli I stopped waiting after 10 min or so with the slow board vs the others finished in less than a minute.

I also like using mbuffer to send a large file over sockets for testing with 2 local boxes since that won't be limited by the Internet connection.

I use iperf3 to test my two Pine boards against a box running Windows, I get about 900MBit/s upstream and 700MBit/s downstream... I am running either Ubuntu and Debian images with longsleep's latest kernel (make sure you update u-boot and the kernel....)
I don't need to do any bandwidth testing. I can barely keep a putty session connected, and when trying to run an apt-get update, it just trickles. As soon as I use ethtool to change the speed to 100, it's fine.

I'm using the P/S I bought from MCM to use with my Raspberry Pi.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9