PINE64

Full Version: Ethernet Slow Download
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
(05-14-2016, 11:29 AM)luggi Wrote: [ -> ]With `ethtool -s eth0 speed 100 duplex full` everything is working fine.
I am running pine64+ 2gb model.
I ran this command while doing an 'apt-get upgrade' and my download speed jumped instantly from 15kB/s to 700kB/s

I thought the problem was my connection to the ubuntu servers (sometimes it is) but this is useful.
Seems like a problem with gigabit mode.
(05-21-2016, 06:22 PM)trinitytest Wrote: [ -> ]
(05-14-2016, 11:29 AM)luggi Wrote: [ -> ]With `ethtool -s eth0 speed 100 duplex full` everything is working fine.
I ran this command while doing an 'apt-get upgrade' and my download speed jumped instantly from 15kB/s to 700kB/s

I thought the problem was my connection to the ubuntu servers (sometimes it is) but this is useful.

Me to with pine64+ 2gb model, tried Android, Remix os and Ubuntu.
The only one seemed worked a little, but with very slow connection, was ubuntu.
Setting speed with ethtool solved my problem.

Anyone know if there is a workaround to get work Remix os or android?
Anyone why this issue is not with all boards? i don't read about this from everyone
(05-26-2016, 06:27 PM)williamsoro Wrote: [ -> ]

Anyone why this issue is not with all boards? i don't read about this from everyone

ethtool also worked for me. Thanks. would this be fixed via a apt-get update or via a kernel patch? 
Would you recommend settings this ethtool command as a cron job because it resets whenever I reboot the Pine64.
Thanks
(06-10-2016, 03:15 PM)cpacheco Wrote: [ -> ]
(05-26-2016, 06:27 PM)williamsoro Wrote: [ -> ]

ethtool also worked for me. Thanks. would this be fixed via a apt-get update or via a kernel patch? 
Would you recommend settings this ethtool command as a cron job because it resets whenever I reboot the Pine64.
Thanks

Same issue here, with the 2GB model as well. I'd be happy to help however I can. Whole reason I bought this is as a "better" Pi with Gigabit Ethernet.  Cry
Hi, I don't want to be one of those mic-dropping whiners, so I'll try to post a few details here.

2GB model connected via a fairly short yellow CAT-5E cable to a TP-Link WDR4300 running OpenWRT BARRIER BREAKER (14.07, r42625). Doesn't get any network connection in either Android build (regular or rooted). Very slow, but working, in the xubuntu longsleep build. After running the ethtool command from this thread, I get good network speed. OpenWRT shows a 100BT connection on that port; 1000BT everywhere else, including this laptop which is connected via an identical CAT 5E cable (although also via a patch panel etc).

For power, I'm using a 5W 2.5A power supply intended for an RPi3, via the micro USB port.

I didn't benchmark, but from my perspective, if I could put Android into a 100BT mode, it would serve my needs just fine. As such, I'll try to borrow a 100BT switch in a week or two and see if that helps. If there's an android equivalent of the ethtool command that I can perform on Android, I'd very much appreciate hearing about it!

Feel free to PM me for more deets or if there's anything I can try that might help diagnose the issue.
I have 3x 2G pine64+, one that I got as kickstarter reward and two from the pine64 shop. All three are the same board rev. I lost track of which came from where.

2 of the boards function fine at 1G but the third is extremely slow unless I set it to 100M. The serial number of the slow board is between the other two, so it's not a case of one being earlier or later.

I've tried swapping cables and power supplies with no change. All are now being powered by an Anker 60W 10-port charger that supplies up to 2.4A per port.

I started with the ubuntu xenial image on all three boards, am now trying debian with an updated kernel on the slow one.
Using dietpi with speed limited to 100Mbit with ethtool and autonegotiation off:

iperf -t 60 -c 192.168.254.1 -d
------------------------------------------------------------
Server listening on TCP port 5001
TCP window size: 85.3 KByte (default)
Client connecting to 192.168.254.1, TCP port 5001
TCP window size: 45.1 KByte (default)
[ 5] local 192.168.254.2 port 38468 connected with 192.168.254.1 port 5001
[ 4] local 192.168.254.2 port 5001 connected with 192.168.254.1 port 36066
[ ID] Interval Transfer Bandwidth
[ 5] 0.0-60.0 sec 442 MBytes 61.8 Mbits/sec
[ 4] 0.0-63.7 sec 7.75 MBytes 1.02 Mbits/sec

Upload results are awful.

Is there any help for this?

Also 2GB model here with Gigabit connection.
It looks like I've got the same issue on 1 of my 4 boards.  Unfortunately my application relies on all of my boards being fairly well matched on Ethernet speeds.  

I first noticed this doing apt-get updates, confirmed there was an issue by doing a simple:
wget -O /dev/null http://speedtest.wdc01.softlayer.com/dow...test10.zip resulting in a download speed of 193Kb/s
Doing the same after setting speed to 100Mb/s Full Duplex with Ethtool resulted in a speed of 1.10Mb/s.

Details : 
Board : Pine64 2GB
Ethernet Switch: TP-LINK 8-Port Gigabit Ethernet Desktop Switch (TL-SG1008D)
Ethernet Cables: Homemade Ethernet cables, around 6" long. 
Power Supply: Anear USB Charger 60W 6 Port Desktop USB Charging Hub
Power Cables: Custom made connecting to Euler bus.
OS: Ubuntu 16.04 LTS (GNU/Linux 3.10.102-0-pine64-longsleep aarch64)

Troubleshooting done : 
Switching of power/Ethernet cables between working/non-working board.
Switching Ethernet cable to a known good port on the switch.
Confirmed Ethtool increased ethernet speeds when set to 100 full duplex.

If there's anything more information I can provide I'm willing to try and get it.
Thing that improved my speed was to do an uboot update.

I am using Debian distribution and the command to do it as root is : pine64_update_uboot.sh

Try it maybe it would help you too.
Unfortunately that was one of the steps I took after installing. Confirmed by running it again this morning.

Checking for update ...
You are already on the latest version - no update required.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9